New SLR15 Operator Level 3

This is a discussion on New SLR15 Operator Level 3 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rocky Thanks for the review/ reasoning. it makes your post all the better, with the reasoning behind your purchase. What is the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New SLR15 Operator Level 3

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Thanks for the review/ reasoning. it makes your post all the better, with the reasoning behind your purchase.
    What is the grip enhancement on the mag well?
    It is a small square of material machined at the front of the magwell with skateboard tape inserted so as to facillitate the grip on the front of the magwell with a wet hand.... The skateboard tape can be removed and replaced with different grits or toolbox drawer liner if wished...

"Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    O.K. I use the mag well my self instead of a vert grip.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Trigger overtravel adjustment:
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"Sully" Trigger guard:

Bolt comparison (SLR Bolt on Rt with one piece gas ring and nickeled extractor):

PRI charging handle latch (Lt):

Rt sided carry handle knobs:

Carry case:

Disassmbled heavy duty extraction system:

Tactical carbine course:

"Outline and Course Objectives
    With every SLR15 rifle that we manufacture & sell to the the public, we provide an invitation to attend one of our 2-Day Tactical Carbine Courses free of charge. We have been offering this since 2005 and many people have taken the opportunity to attend.

We at SLR15 want to provide people with a quality rifle, teach them how to maintain it and shoot it so they enjoy it; most of all we like to get face-to-face with those that own our rifles, as they are part of the SLR15 Family.

SLR15 Rifles were featured as the March 2006 SWAT Magazine cover story. Our armoring course and our instructor course were reviewed in SWAT Magazine in September 2004. Our Armoring Course was just currently mentioned in the August 2006 issue of SWAT Magazine, and one of our rifles were pictured (pg.74) in the December 2006 issue of SWAT Magazine in an article by Pat Rogers on Carbine Maintenance.

The Carbine Rifle is becoming more popular in the urban setting due to its great accuracy capabilities, and generally it is easier to shoot for most people due to its lack of recoil. This lack of recoil, combined with greater accuracy, make it a favorite among shooters.

At the end of this course, attendees will have confidence that they can shoot at something and hit it, and not be intimidated by recoil.

Students will learn proper foundations, maintenance, employment, ammunition selection, mechanics and manipulation. This course is designed to hone basic fundamentals while teaching individual tactics and techniques. Movement shooting will be added and stressed. Students will deal with a multitude of different targets at varying distances, and learn to shoot from cover and concealment from twelve-plus different shooting positions. Multiple targets will challenge even the experienced operator. Proficiency will be stressed, as well as reloads, and malfunction clearing.

Student Materials (Minimum Suggestion)

* Tactical Carbine Rifle & 3-magazines
    * 1200 rounds of Carbine Ammunition (minimum)
    * Handgun with holster & 200 rounds Handgun Ammunition
    * Protective Ear and Eye Wear, Hat, Sun block, Rain Gear, Water, etc.

Cost

Cost for the two day Tactical Carbine Rifle course is $300. Attendance at this course is free one time for registered owners of SLR15 Rifles.

This class is generally held at the Westbranch Gun Club in Princeton, Minnesota. We also offer this course at various locations around the US."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Thanks for the further info , The rifle and the course both are exceptional and congrats . I smith enough not to care for some of the enhancements that are standard on the rifle ( with my uses in mind ) , but have to say its a fine package as listed . I dont honestly think you will build a " better " ar platform much if any cheaper than you got it there . Certainly you could not assemble the same rifle accessorys , course , ect.. as cheap as you likely got into that one .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I changed the photo link, I was tired when I linked it the 1st time and didnt realize you had to be a member of the other forum to view pics....
    The new link goes to putfile.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Thanks for the further info , The rifle and the course both are exceptional and congrats . I smith enough not to care for some of the enhancements that are standard on the rifle ( with my uses in mind ) , but have to say its a fine package as listed . I dont honestly think you will build a " better " ar platform much if any cheaper than you got it there . Certainly you could not assemble the same rifle accessorys , course , ect.. as cheap as you likely got into that one .
    I got this rifle with everything included for around the same that I paid for the Colt with no extras..... (Although, I'm hoping the Colt will be worth several times what I paid for it by the time my son gets it...)

Administrator

Congrats

Nice line of very well built rifles.
    Well thought out top quality features without being super-saturated with bogus window dressing crappola.

I remember reading that they got a bunch of working LEO and SWAT together to butt heads w/ some gunsmiths and machinists in order to really build them right - their primary focus being on total reliability for working LEOs.

Thanks for posting the thread.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

That is one beautiful rifle!!!

CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links