Gun Dealer Question

This is a discussion on Gun Dealer Question within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone ever dealt with thegunsource.com? Im considering purchasing a new rifle. They gave me a price much better than what I can get it ...

Thread: Gun Dealer Question

Gun Dealer Question

Has anyone ever dealt with thegunsource.com? Im considering purchasing a new rifle. They gave me a price much better than what I can get it for locally. But I have never order a firearm out of state or on the internet. I want to make sure Im dealing with trustworthly business because its a firearm and its expensive. I would almost put out the extra couple hundered to have the piece of mind of a local shop. What do you all think?

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Never heard of them - but with the web the size it is maybe not overly surprising!

The out of state aspect is no real prob in itself - just a case of gun going to your own FFL for transfer.

Have you done a Google search on the name - maybe some forum somewhere has a post about them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I have bought some accessories from them, but no guns. I had no problems with them. One item was back ordered and arrive about 5 days after the others, but the card wasn't charged for the back ordered item until it was shipped. You may recognize some of the other sites that are part of the same family or maybe some of our members will have dealt with them. The family includes:
    www.topglock.com
    www.gunsatcost.com
    www.shotgunworks.com
    www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com
    www.amerigloweaponsights.com
    www.lasermaxstore.com
    www.ar15pro.com
    www.hkperfection.com
    www.xdpistols.com
    www.allglock.com
    www.waltherpistols.com
    www.bersapistols.com
    www.sigsauerpro.com
    www.glockworld.com
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have bought 3 firearms from them - 2 Glocks and a Ruger 10/22. Pretty good people to deal with, just watch out for price changes when you are about to order - once the order is placed, it can't be adjusted for any reason.

Also, check if the rifle you want is exactly what you want before placing the order. Email them and ask them to give you UPC/model #s, full description, night sights, mag capacity, etc. If I'm not mistaken, they don't take firearms back - so insure what you order is what you really really want.

You may want to shop around for receiving FFL dealers too - $25 fee to receive a firearm would be the best deal (beware, some charge up to $100+). The BATFE has a list of FFL dealers in your area, check their website for details.

All in all, I saved around $200 on each firearm I purchased from them.

I order guns on the net sometimes. Just watch for the transfer fee at your local guy. If your like most of us we've made friends and they take care of us. My guy charges everybody a buck. And in turn I buy most of my guns from him. He also provides plenty of info and I catch myself stopping in weekly just to see his new stuff and chat.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

my local shop treats me very well, I almost want to go through them but they just can't go low enough for me. They are going to only charge me $10 to do the transfer. Thanks for the info everybody, it makes me feel alot better about the deal. My rifle Im ordering is going to be backordered so thats good to know they won't charge my card tell its shipped.

Links