Kel-Tec RFB

Kel-Tec RFB

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec RFB within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone go to SHOT Show 07 or see one of these in person? Looks like a really interesting design. For those who don't know, kel-tec ...

Thread: Kel-Tec RFB

Kel-Tec RFB

Anyone go to SHOT Show 07 or see one of these in person? Looks like a really interesting design. For those who don't know, kel-tec is gearing up to make a forward ejecting bullpup in .308! Takes FAL mags which is good because they are currently cheap...maybe I should get some more now just in case the gun is a hit. If it's reasonably priced then I'd really be interested to see how well it does. It looks a bit "funky" to me, but it could be halfway decent especially if the price is low enough. The bullpup design has never been done all that successfully except by a few so we'll see if Kel-Tec follows in the shoes of those who have tried to do it before them. The gun is ambidextrous and is even lightly "armored" in the chamber area since it is so close to your head.

So...what do you think. Big Hit or Big Flop?

Video
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/videos/rfbteaser.wmv

Brochure
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/do...T_2007_web.pdf

Bullpups have been coming on since FN put out their PS90 and FS2000, both successful designs.

What will make or break the RFB is how well their production models are done. Kel-Tec has had problems with their first gen production runs on a number of items.

VIP Member
    I went to SHOT and fondled one for about 30 minutes....it seems like a solid design....but only time will tell if the production models work as well as Kel Tec says they will.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have a couple of rifles I would sell off to get a Truly
    Ambidextrous Bullpup in 7.62x51
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Thanks everyone!
    I'd really like to try one...though I doubt I'll be able to afford it from the prices I've been hearing. I guess the good news is that the Kel-Tecs usually sell for well under MSRP.

I definitely would like a look at one. I don't really have a use for it since I've already got the DPMS AP4 in .308, but it's great to have more options. I like that Kel-Tec continues to innovate. Has anyone seen the MSRP?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I definitely would like a look at one. I don't really have a use for it since I've already got the DPMS AP4 in .308, but it's great to have more options. I like that Kel-Tec continues to innovate. Has anyone seen the MSRP?
    I have heard some rumours but nothing definite. This rifle, if the production runs are well done, would make a nice addition to my collection so i would also like to get a definite answer on this question.

Whats the MSRP of that contraption?
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Whats the MSRP of that contraption?
    the word on the street is ~2000 but that doesn't mean much at this stage of things...supposedly the number came directly from Kel-Tec but I think we'll know a bit more when the official release date gets closer. Until then I'm just going to be thinking "more than I can realistically afford" The number came from someone who actually got to write a review on the gun so it may be somewhat accurate, but who knows.

Just saw the pre-order for $1799 ad at Impact Guns.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/KEL-762.html
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

JT
    Wow. That's a lot more than I expected. There are a number of .308 rifles I would buy before that. M1A, FAL, AR-10, etc.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I looked at them a while back . The design is not for me as i have real reservations about the reliability of the ejection system . Ill stick to a more conventional system for a few years myself . It wont do anything that my fal wont do at best ( although if it works it will do it " shorter " lol ) and at worse ill have a tube full of emptys that wont feed and the gun is then an ineffective club .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links