Finally Got My 7615

This is a discussion on Finally Got My 7615 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been wanting a Remington 7615 rifle for a while and yesterday I finally worked out a deal to get one. For those who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Got My 7615

VIP Member

Finally Got My 7615

I have been wanting a Remington 7615 rifle for a while and yesterday I finally worked out a deal to get one. For those who may not be familiar with the 7615 here is some info from the Remington website.

New Model 7615P Pump Action Patrol Rifle
    At last, a light, handy and quick in action duty/patrol rifle using a higher capacity magazine. The Model 7615P Pump rifle, based on the rugged and reliable Model 870 shotgun, delivers first shot accuracy and ultra-fast follow-up shots as the shooter instantly chambers another round from the higher capacity magazine.

The Model 7615P comes in .223 Remington caliber, uses standard M16/AR15 style magazines and has a 16 1/2" barrel.
    Mine has the "Wilson Combat® Ghost Ring/XS® Sight". I have not had the opportunity to fire it yet, but should get to send a few rounds down range this week. I am not a fan of ARs, but I wanted a rifle in a smaller caliber like .223. I tried a used Ruger Mini 14, but had problems with it. The dealer I bought it from offered to allow me the full price I paid minus tax toward the 7615 and that deal was just too good to pass up. Below are a few pictures of my new toy. I have two 30 round mags in addition to the one 10 rounder that comes with the rifle. I'll post a report on how it shoots as soon as I can.

George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice! Looking forward to your range review George.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hmmmm.....Looks like a good reason to stock up on high capacity mags! Great looking too!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Assistant Administrator
    Looks very handy and totable George - hope it is a good shooter.

It bears also some resemblance to my Rem 760 Gamemaster which is .308 - but of course has no large mag - just integral mag for 4. The 870 heritage tho is well apparent.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thats awesome! I have never heard of that rifle. How much did it cost and what is the effective range?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLYROLLER View Post
    Thats awesome! I have never heard of that rifle. How much did it cost and what is the effective range?
    Different configurations have different costs. The various configurations are shown here

CDNN Sports sells the basic sight model for about $450. I saw the rifle first on the TV show Shooting Gallery on the Outdoor Channel. They were showing the 2006 5.11 Challenge from last August and the rifle that all the teams had to use was the 7615. I like what I saw and did some research. Then I looked at a couple at a gun show and decided I would probably like it better than the Mini 14.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Very cool rifle, look's like they also offer the 7600 model in .308 as well. I'm liken this rifle, thank's for posting.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Very cool rifle, look's like they also offer the 7600 model in .308 as well. I'm liken this rifle, thank's for posting.

Ti
    Ti, if they offered the .308 in this format with replacable mag (M14/M1A mags) I would be planning to get one of those next. Unfortunately this is the only one they make with the mags.
    George

I will be interested in seeing the range report. If this rifle has good (2MOA or better) accuracy it might be just what I'm looking for. I have thought about getting one of these, or maybe two. A matching pair for me and the wife.

Post some groups please.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Lead Moderator
    Nice. takes AR mags right?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Moderator
    Good for you George, I'm wanting the .308 verison myself.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I will be interested in seeing the range report. If this rifle has good (2MOA or better) accuracy it might be just what I'm looking for. I have thought about getting one of these, or maybe two. A matching pair for me and the wife.

Post some groups please.
    I'm an old guy with bad eyes, so I'll get my neighbor who is a real shooter to tell us how well it will group. Everything I have shoots better than I can. I'll let you know what we discover.
    George

Yep takes AR mags....

now who's first to try a Beta in that thing...

just out of curiosity what was the approx. cost, as I think I want to have one also just in case scary rifles get banned again. Thanks in advance. Tom
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frostyeyes View Post
    just out of curiosity what was the approx. cost, as I think I want to have one also just in case scary rifles get banned again. Thanks in advance. Tom
    Depending on where you find it and which model you get price starts at about $450 and $700. Remington has released two non-LE models. One with wood furniture and one that is camo. CDNN Sports lists the basic model in their catalog (page 29 in the 2007-3 catalog) at $450. You will have ot download the catalog to see it because they do not list firearms on their website.
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links