New toy M305 (M14)

New toy M305 (M14)

This is a discussion on New toy M305 (M14) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ordered this for my birthday, it is a M305 M14 clone made by Norinco. The guy I got it from cleaned up the stock and ...

Thread: New toy M305 (M14)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar

New toy M305 (M14)

Ordered this for my birthday, it is a M305 M14 clone made by Norinco. The guy I got it from cleaned up the stock and shot 50 rds through it. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet due to family issues keeping me to busy. I hope to get it out on the range soon. Shame that I can't shoot my FAL at the same time. ( The FN/FAL are prohibited and you aren't allowed to shoot them anywhere, but the M14 is unrestricted and can be shot anywhere. Gun laws.......sigh)

I plan on upgrading the sights and replacing the AWB friendly flash hider (they just didn't cut the grooves all the way through)

VIP Member
    Nice, Colin. Let us see it when you get the suppressor work done.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Nice pair of rifles, Colin!...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

That's a good-looking rifle!:love_at_first: Congrats. I know you will get a thrill out of shooting it. Any plans for a scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    ...Shame that I can't shoot my FAL at the same time. ( The FN/FAL are prohibited and you aren't allowed to shoot them anywhere, but the M14 is unrestricted and can be shot anywhere...

Man, I thought we had some weird laws. Oh yeah, that's right, we do. I guess we (grudgingly) take what we can get, huh?

BTW, nice wood on the FAL. That one's sharp too.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Shame that I can't shoot my FAL at the same time. ( The FN/FAL are prohibited and you aren't allowed to shoot them anywhere, but the M14 is unrestricted and can be shot anywhere. Gun laws.......sigh)
    I would have a persistent sick feeling in my stomach if I were able to own guns that I was forbidden to fire. I mean, that's got to be like having a maddening itch that you can't scratch.

Sorry to read you're living under that kind of regime. Are you doing anything to fight it?

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    No plans to scope it for now, will try to relearn rifle shooting again and get good with iron sights first. It's been a long while since I shot rifles.

As for the itch that can't be scratched, I have a 1,000 rds of 7.62 that I have been sitting on for the last 7yrs thanks to the law!!!!

Sponsored Links