Great deal on an EOTech 512

This is a discussion on Great deal on an EOTech 512 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got a great deal on an EOTech 512 from Mirage Technologies. $319, plus $8 shipping. This is about $50 to $60 less than ...

Thread: Great deal on an EOTech 512

JT [OP]

Great deal on an EOTech 512

I just got a great deal on an EOTech 512 from Mirage Technologies. $319, plus $8 shipping. This is about $50 to $60 less than I’ve seen anywhere else. Just wanted to pass this on in case anyone else was thinking about buying one. They have similar deals on their other EOTech models.

Link

EDIT TO ADD: I don’t think this violates any forum adverting rules. (If it does, please delete, moderators) I am in no way affiliated with Mirage. I had been looking for the best price on an EOTech 512 for a while and found this, so I wanted to pass on the information in case anyone else was looking for one.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I can top that... :)

EOTech gave me TWO of their AA powered, LE/Military versions (forget the model number right now) when I deployed to Afghanistan the second time. I wrote them an email asking for a military discount, and they sent me two systems... My PSG still owes me big for that second one...

Love the product, and that kind of customer service makes me love the company. I'd buy more EOTech products in a minute, if I could ever get mine to malfunction or break (also, I used the same batteries for almost 2 years of train-up/deployment...)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

JT [OP]
    Wow. That says a lot about EOTech. As a company and a product.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    You bet. Within 100m, it's far and away the best sight I've ever used. Fast (FAST!), solid mount, durable, co-witnessed with the iron sights, it's the ultimate close/medium range optic to date, IMO.

First day I used it, I mounted it, zeroed in two 3-round groups (it was almost perfectly zeroed when I mounted it), and fired 40 out of 40 on the standard Army qual course (50 to 300m targets that pop up for limited exposure times, with some multiple target engagements - not a difficult course to pass, by any means, but reasonably difficult to shoot perfect on).

After thousands of rounds in training (my own courses of fire on my own ranges, not canned Army range crap) and a few hundred on two-way live-fire ranges, I was never disappointed. Highly, highly recommended. Congrats on the deal.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    That is a pretty good deal. I thought for sure it was going to be a taiwan tactical knockoff.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Thats a good deal. I just sent an Eotec to my brother playing in the sandbox. Cost me $399 but it is well worth it if it gives him the advantage that he needs.

The army, in their infinite wisdom, convinced him that as an Lt. he needed an ACOG with 4x magnification because his platoon was going to be doing the building clearing, not him. Plus, he was having trouble with it being compatible with his NVG I believe. Now he is all setup for their "Knock and Talk" sessions with the locals.

Edit: Nice website by the way. I book marked it.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I've noticed that EOTECH prices seem to keep dropping. I was in a couple shops this week and saw them going for $360 +. Normally I saw them for $390-$400.

I guess production has caught up with what the military demand was. I'm also noticing Trijicon availability is increasing.

Arrgh! I just picked up one for my AR for $340 with shipping and now you post this! Hehe oh well.

SY

JT [OP]
    You still did good. $340 with shipping is still a real good price.

BAC
    I keep hearing so much good about EOTech but have never had the opportunity to use anything more than iron sights on an AR weapon. When I buy my first black rifle, I'm going to have to really look into this company's products given all the praise it receives.

-B

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I keep hearing so much good about EOTech but have never had the opportunity to use anything more than iron sights on an AR weapon. When I buy my first black rifle, I'm going to have to really look into this company's products given all the praise it receives.

-B
    Get good with and really learn to use the iron sights before you even start thinking about adding an electric sight.
    "Just blame Sixto"

BAC
    I hear you SIXTO. Believe me, I'm a stickler for them and won't put them on any rifle I have until I can consistently hit the sweet spots of a silhouette target at various ranges. My Turk 98 Mauser I'm training for 300 yard shots, for instance, and when I can finally buy my own AR I'm going to train out to 150-200 yards. Past that and I shouldn't be using the weapon anyway, unless I pick one up in 6.5 Grendel.

By the end of the year I'll have a few tactical combat classes under my belt (handgun, battle rifle, precision rifle, and shotgun), and independent range time will definitely help using irons in a fast-paced combat scenario. Beyond learning the basic characteristics of the weapon, I don't find much use in spending training time exclusively at ranges punching paper targets.

-B

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    when I can finally buy my own AR I'm going to train out to 150-200 yards. Past that and I shouldn't be using the weapon anyway, unless I pick one up in 6.5 Grendel.

-B
    There is no reason why you should not make yourself proficient out to 400 meters with it. I know some folks here are going to disagree with me on that. But if you have access to the range, you should find the maximums of your rifles and become proficient out to those distances.

Just my opinion.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Links