Let's talk shotgun slings.....

This is a discussion on Let's talk shotgun slings..... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's here from you guys. I have a Mossy 500 LEO trade-in. I just installed a Knoxx SpecOPS recoil reducing stock on her. I haven't ...

Thread: Let's talk shotgun slings.....

Let's here from you guys. I have a Mossy 500 LEO trade-in. I just installed a Knoxx SpecOPS recoil reducing stock on her. I haven't gotten to the range yet to test it, but I hope to do so sometime this week. The Mossy has standard front and rear studs for attaching a sling. I'd like to purchase a sling for it but have seen literally dozens of them and would like to get some input from people who have different types and see where I could narrow down my choices. If you have a sling on your Mossy or even your Remmy, let me hear about it. Tell me what you like and what you don't like.

This shotty is 100% a home defense gun. The wife and I will take it to the range on a regular basis to keep familiar with it and stay in tune with it. This gun will not just sit in the corner, it will get a workout on a regular basis. I'm loking to get into a sling that's comfortable and easy to hit on the transition to a sidearm if needed.

Whaddyagot?
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lead Moderator
    I have seen a few 3 pt or sing point slings mounted on shotguns. Can't remember who makes a attach point, but someone here probably will.
    Just a thought, but slings can get in the way for HD or building clearing/use. They can get caught on door handles ,ect.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

This is the sling I just ordered for my 500. They have the mounting points also. They also have an assortment of other Tactical Slings.

My sling on my Ithaca 37 is rather unique and fits perfectly for the gun. There is a sling mount on the end of the pump/forearm, but theres no sling mount attached to the wood stock and I'd rather not drill a hole in such nice wood. Anyway, one end attaches to the sling and the other end attaches to the stock end as a pad.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

This is JMHO. For indoors use(HD) a sling is not a good idea. It's one more thing to get snagged on something. As for out doors I have used many tactical slings and regular types. For a pump I refer a simple 1.75"-2" wide basic as it gets sling. Thats just me thuogh.
    “You come at me with a sword and with a spear. But I come at you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you". 1 Samuel 17, 45-46
    Brian

I like a two point sling for my long guns. With a plate between the stock, and the receiver. The front is attached to a plate where the extension tube meets the stock tube. This will keep the shotgun or rifle in a good position to transfer between handgun, and long gun.

http://gggaz.com/index.php?id=78&parents=60,61
    http://gggaz.com/index.php?id=79&parents=60,61
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

On my mossberg, I use just a simple 2 point nylon sling.

I have quick detachable sling swivels to totally remove the sling for indoor use. I agree with Alien for indoor home defense use.

When with the swat team however, I do keep the sling attached. It's essential for those missions.

I also have a 3 point Eagle Industries tactical sling, but presently it is mounted on my AR-15 carbine.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links