Anyone using Magpuls?

Anyone using Magpuls?

This is a discussion on Anyone using Magpuls? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just picked up a couple to test on at a Carbine Class on Sunday and I will probable list them as a product/accessory for ...

Anyone using Magpuls?

I just picked up a couple to test on at a Carbine Class on Sunday and I will probable list them as a product/accessory for http://www.rogueelite.net/shop/item....mid=71&catid=6

I'm testing the 5.56 Nato ones out on my Ruger and PMI Mini 14 mags and they seem to be snug. Anyone have an opinion? What's the best prices you've seen these go for on the net?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young View Post
    I just picked up a couple to test on at a Carbine Class on Sunday and I will probable list them as a product/accessory for http://www.rogueelite.net/shop/item....mid=71&catid=6

I'm testing the 5.56 Nato ones out on my Ruger and PMI Mini 14 mags and they seem to be snug. Anyone have an opinion? What's the best prices you've seen these go for on the net?
    I LOVE magpuls...have them on all my AR mags (color coded for different types of rounds). I ususally see them for $9.95/3 - online or at the gunshows.....

I've got some magpulls, but I've decided that for AR mags I like the Ranger Plates better. I do use the magpuls on my AK mags though.

I use them but not for the intended purpose of making mag changes easier. They are for shock absorption to avoid beating mags up when they hit the ground.

FJC
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of MagPuls anyway? To make it easier to get the magazines out of a pouch?
    --FJC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJC View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of MagPuls anyway? To make it easier to get the magazines out of a pouch?
    Yep, that's it.

My problem with MagPuls is that they increase the width of the magazines, and will not allow me to put the third mag into some of my three-mag pouches. Those Ranger Plates seem like they might work, but for now all my mags will keep the tried and true "loop of 550 cord secured by 100mph tape." Maybe for my next trip to the sandbox I'll try out those Ranger Plates - gotta keep my membership in the tacti-cool club active, right?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Mag-Pulls as good as sliced bread

Have used them for years.. As some have said not to pull mags
    but for shock absorbers.. They are not for getting the mags out of
    rifle, but out of pouches.. One quick flick of finger and mag is there!
    nice thing is you can take them off if they get in the way..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I've got some magpulls, but I've decided that for AR mags I like the Ranger Plates better. I do use the magpuls on my AK mags though.
    I'm partial to the ranger plates myself. I have them on all my mags.

Links