NBC Nightly News piece on AR15 rifles

This is a discussion on NBC Nightly News piece on AR15 rifles within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7dy7JbsX8 My favorite line…”critics claim that certain features of these rifles make them especially dangerous in the wrong hands. A pistol grip that allows firing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC Nightly News piece on AR15 rifles

JT [OP]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7dy7JbsX8

My favorite line…”critics claim that certain features of these rifles make them especially dangerous in the wrong hands. A pistol grip that allows firing from the hip...”

I never knew that un-aimed firing from the hip was more dangerous than aimed fire from the shoulder.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JT [OP]
    Maybe it would have been better to post this in "Second Amendment News & Discussions" instead of the rifles and shotguns section.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I watched this , and IMHO it wasnt as negative as normal tripe . What does torque me off is that they used some of Olig Volk's images without any permission, including if i am not mistaken one of our own Betty . Responsible fun ownership put in front of the public is allways a good thing tho ... and the gal they interviewed did great .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Do a search for women shooting on you tube and you will find out that this female also did a newscast on competition shooting with her 1911. I can't pull it up at work, but if no one posts the link I will do it when I get home.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

I suppose it could've been worse. Maybe if they had more time...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Senior Moderator
    If the worms in the media only knew...

I know dozens of people that own "Black Rifles".

Is that one of the new buzz words now ? "Black Rifles".

I live it when the media gives exposure to the evils of the Black Rifles.

Everytime they air a clip like that, someone out there is going to go out and buy a dangerous Black Rifle.

Did anyone notice that hers had some PINK on it ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Can the media get anymore retarded?
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    When media talks about crime and gun control they talk about
    semi auto matic and assault rifles in the same breath.Then they go along and make mistakes about features about the black rifle that's suppose to be so bad.I often say more focus is put on the tool that was used in the act of the crime than the person who actually committed it.

I really liked the response of the woman that they interviewed. In my opinion it's good to have someone like her on TV shooting these "dangerous black rifles". Just to show that normal everyday American's do good things with them. And amazingly no one died while she was shooting it!

And yes, lady, there is a HUGE difference between a semi-auto AR and a combat M-16. These people need to learn a little more about what they're talking about. But, sadly whatever they say most Americans will beleive. Because, why would the media ever lie to them????
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    My favorite line…”critics claim that certain features of these rifles make them especially dangerous in the wrong hands. A pistol grip that allows firing from the hip...”
    +1. I believe most of us here would agree that any firearm in the wrong hands is especially dangerous.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I don't think I'd cross Ms. Fern.....

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

overall not a bad representation from the owner.

i also found it funny about the pistol grip. they actually could have put a better spin on it if they understood what they were for. the separation of the butt stock from the the grip causes recoil to go directly backwards instead of partially vertical. this allows faster target acquisition between shots, increasing rate of fire.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Oh no.... we don't want to mention "Increasing Rate of Fire" to the Anti-'s...

They'd have an absolute canniption fit over that!

(let's just let them waller in their own stupidity on that one)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Right...the mass shooters that have used these have not been in combat situations, especially the "DC snipers". Combat is lead flying both ways.

Amazingly, the nice progun lady had more air time than VPC lady did.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    Right...the mass shooters that have used these have not been in combat situations, especially the "DC snipers". Combat is lead flying both ways.

Amazingly, the nice progun lady had more air time than VPC lady did.
    not to derail, but that was the first time i'd seen the supposed DC sniper's "sniper" rifle. was that really it? it had an eotech sight on it! that's a close quarters sight with no magnification, not something you'd use for long range sniping.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links