Bought One!

Bought One!

This is a discussion on Bought One! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Marine Magnum XCS (Xtreme Conditions Shotgun) I know, I know, it's not a Police model but not far from it, if not better than one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought One!

Bought One!

Marine Magnum XCS (Xtreme Conditions Shotgun)

I know, I know, it's not a Police model but not far from it, if not better than one from what I am reading.

At the end of the day it came down to I didn't want to put my trust in a used P model that I would/could not ever be sure of how used it was or what care or maintinance was taken with the gun.

So I tried to get a new Police model in a timely manor but it seem's that Remington only sell's to dealers that sell to LEO's/Departments thus the reason why they are hard to come by unless they have an over stock and a few select other dealers will get a shipment of them in.

Anyway, I have been looking at this new for 2007 Remington Marine Magnum XCS over for the last several day's and this gun is well made and has a lot of features that a Police model doesn't and from what I can tell from the research it is right in line with the quality of Police/Wingmaster models.

The features of this model is what sold me on this gun.

Model 870™ XCS Marine Magnum® Features

TriNyte® Corrosion Control System on barrel and receiver creates an armor-tough barrier against rust and abrasion

Its Model 870 action is the rugged standard for dependability and smooth operation

18" cylinder bore, bead-sighted barrel

2-shot magazine extension – 7-shot capacity

SpeedFeed® I stock with shell holder keeps 2-4 extra rounds at your fingertips

Corrosion-resistant trigger group with plated components

Durable synthetic stock and fore-end includes sling swivel studs

R3® recoil pad with LimbSaver® technology

For even more rugged endurance, all internal metal parts are coated with electroless nickel, and the trigger group is plated to resist fouling and oxidation.

The only thing I can see that it might be lacking behind a Police model is the HD springs they come with. That is a quick fix with a set of HD Wolff springs if need be but I don't see having to replace them anytime soon.

I like it and think it will serve me well for training, practice and home defense. It will be getting a workout as soon as I get it to make sure she is good to go before my week long training classes start in Sept/Oct.

I could have done the the training with a shotty I already have with a simple barrel change but like I said in another thread they were passed down to me from my Grandfather and I want to preserve/reserve them for bird hunting and casual shooting and continue to pass them down in the same or near the same condition I got them in.

This is the first time I have ever had to actually buy a shotgun before because I've always had them whenever I need one no matter what style other than a pure HD set up. So I figured I'd buy one that fit the intended purpose.

I will post a report on the Marine Magnum XCS after I get it in my hands and have spent a day or two at the range with it.

Ti
    Last edited by Ti Carry; August 7th, 2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

All I have to say is, SWEET!
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Nice buy...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Mind if I ask what ya gave for it Ti?

I saw one on gunbroker for $655.00 this morning.

Stellar

Absolutely fantastic purchase, Ti! Very happy to see you went with a tried and true favorite...hard to go wrong with that baby! It is, as you've learned, a bit more expensive than some of its counterparts, but I think you made a great choice.

That Speedfeed stock is very comfortable, and there isn't much wonder why Remington puts 'em on the gun. Very nice. The Limbsaver R3 is great, and I really wish I could remove it and put it on the pistol-grip collapsible buttstock I use on mine. I'm really impressed witht the feel of the R3. My coworker shoots one of the 870's in Super Mag during turkey season, and is very glad his came with one!

The TriNyte finish is new to me...nice to see an alternative to the satin finished steel look (although I love that look, too).

Eager to hear your accounting of this fine new aquisition! CONGRATS!!

A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Senior Moderator
    Very Nice
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Thank's guy's, I believe that this latest MM 870 XCS from Remington will be quite the Shotty and believe it is well worth the price as it is from all accounts an excellent set up, they took their time with this one.

I paid $620.00 for the XCS and from what I can tell that is a fair price for this gun they just didn't take the a satin Marine Magnum and paint it black and call it good. This one is heads above the original from what I have read.

I can't wait to get it in, start checking it out and take it to the range for some punishment.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Ti - looks like you have a great HD shottie there!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Nice purchase. Lookin good.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

You got a good'un.

OD*
    Very nice looking 870, Ti.

The only thing I can see that it might be lacking behind a Police model is the HD springs they come with.
    Do you know if the Marine's are "vibra honed"? Or if they use the heavier carrier dog spring, machined ejectors & extractors vs the MIM parts? Does it contain the ISS? Are they built in the LE & Military "special area"?

That is a sharp shottie and maybe worth looking into.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Considering my 870 Express HD Shotgun will rust fast enough that you can almost watch it happen...you've made a great selection! Congrats!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

WOW, it is wiered you ask these questions OD, I m asking many of the same ones with Remington right now to double check so I am telling you and everyone correct information.

I have to provide them with a serial number tho and it is being shipped to me as I write this. If I can call the shop I ordered it from and find out I can get answers pretty quick.

So I am giving you an IOU until I can get all th correct info from the source.

Ti

OD*
    Excellent, Ti.

Thank you, Sir.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links