Sig Arms 556 bayonet attachment

This is a discussion on Sig Arms 556 bayonet attachment within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a sig 556 and would like to attach a bayonet to the rifle. Where would I find a "lug" for it? I have ...

Thread: Sig Arms 556 bayonet attachment

Question Sig Arms 556 bayonet attachment

I have a sig 556 and would like to attach a bayonet to the rifle. Where would I find a "lug" for it? I have looked all over the net and can't find one. I guess my internet skills are off.

Also would that make my rifle illeagal if I did that. I am a new "evil black rifle" owner and would like to have a bayonet.

2. Remove Ads

I have never heard that the 556s have the option of the bayonet. Or even an attachment that would let you put one on.

On the block towards the muzzle where you can attach a sling, there is a ring underneath that is the bayonet attachment. All I need is a bayonet lug that would fit. looks like the stwg 90 lug would do it.

I hate you. Yeah, you might be in violation of the import-parts count with a Sig bayo. If it takes the M9, you should be fine.

Directly below the gas block, you can see the lug. If your "civvie" version doesn't have that, probably the safest legal route to take, is measure the barrel diameter, and see if you can use a clamp-on AR lug and maybe an extended flash suppressor to mount a US bayonet.
    Bushmaster sells the lugs, IIRC, and the FH would be limited by thread pitch (but I assume its 1/2x28).

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    No man, you can't do that or else you might be tempted to do a drive-by bayonetting and I cannot morrally allow you to do so.

Its for your own good.

Really. I wouldn't want you to be tempted.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

My rifle has the lug like the one pictured but I need the peice that go in to that and attaches with a roll pin. Any ideas?

Here's an idea: Call Sig and tell them what you want. Maybe they can get it for you.

Austin

That is a great idea! I tried that before I started this thread and they said no way. Sig has no intention of of doing anything so you can attach a bayonet.

Landelmer, personally I wouldn't do it,but that's entirely me. If you want the factory look, I would suggest going to a local machine shop. If your thread pitch, on the muzzle, is 1/2x28, then any AR-style will fit. The A2 FH is, obviously bayo compatible, but I would check the diameter of either a Vortex or Phantom, as they are far superior, functionally. Measure the distance from where the lug should be, to the FH. Call Bushmaster,and see what the spec is for the AR- if the distance and height (space between the barrel and bayo handle) are about the same, a US bayo will work.

Get your FH, and one of the clamp-on bayo lugs, and take it to a machine shop. See if they can either cut the lug off the clamp-on and fit it to your rifle, or make the pin-in lug, using the dimensions of yours as a template. Probably in the neighborhood of $150-175, but you'll be the only kid on the block...

Links