any one bought a remington 870 from walmart?

This is a discussion on any one bought a remington 870 from walmart? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I want to get a HD 870 express I have heard wally world carries them in selected stores and they are cheap. any one bought ...

I want to get a HD 870 express I have heard wally world carries them in selected stores and they are cheap. any one bought one from them recently? did it have the 18 inch barrel and tube extension? My local gun store has the exact one for 360 synthetic stock 18 inch barrel bead site and 7 shoot with tube extension. any idea if this a reasonable price?

I don't believe that Wally World carries the "home defense" model ...my guess is that it isn't as politically correct as a nice bird/deer gun combo...

I guess that would make a $ difference by the time you add in a replacemnt barrel and tube extension fig 125 for the barrell and 40 for the tube extension. if the gun is say 27O it does not make sense. I may try bass pro but they cater to the hunter as well. I found some on gun broker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=77739473
    but by the time you add in shipping and ffl fee once again it is close to the local guy( who is expensive ) bob's in norfolk va arggh otoh his is a nice gun with the rounded police type forarm and the extension alread on it.

did you try www.galleryofguns.com I got mine on there and since the shops include shipping and transfer fees you can order and pick it up locally...I paid $315 out the door for mine a little over a year ago.
    in the tidewater area it looks like prices are 370ish out the door through gallery of guns

found this one at the armory a 870 hd for 330 but no extension ( which goes for around 40 on midway so right 370 ish plus you have to install it what is odd that if I seach on Bob's on the gallery of guns the price is 25cheaper then walking into the store! http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...=100&item_num=

Walmart can order a lot of guns people dont know about. They keep a binder under the counter with all the make and models they can order. Ask to look at it, the prices are practically cost.

see walmart will work for anyone they just put on a show for the anti's....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Walmart can order a lot of guns people dont know about. They keep a binder under the counter with all the make and models they can order. Ask to look at it, the prices are practically cost.
    yeah unfortunately the binders have changed a lot in the last few years...they used to sell Glocks and many other handguns on special order...now the binder is much smaller and the 870 HD isn't in there (at least not in any of the ones that I've looked at)...I even looked when I was looking for my HD gun and it appeared at the time that they didn't sell that model...even by special order.

VIP Member
    Our local Bi-Mart,had that same gun on sale at 309.00 less 10.00 dollars sale price for 299.00 OTD..not to bad of a buy...no tax here,but they do gig ya the 10.00 for the BGC,so someone gets the savings!

We "never" buy "anything" at walmart.

per some internet articles, 95% from China, 4% from other foreign countries, and 1% MADE IN THE USA - walmart products

We walked into a walmart one time, then immediately turned around and walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    We "never" buy "anything" at walmart.

per some internet articles, 95% from China, 4% from other foreign countries, and 1% MADE IN THE USA - walmart products

We walked into a walmart one time, then immediately turned around and walked out.
    And it's the same everywhere else. Sad, but true. Chinese workers get paid slave wages. Kinda hard to compete with that. Heck, try and find a toy, kitchen item, or about anything else made in the U.S. (it ain't easy, I've tried). Wally World isn't the bad guy here. As Pogo said "We have met the enemy, and he is us". When consumers buy only the cheap imports, the retailers will sell only those items. Simple business.

I paid about 275 at the local gun store. IIRC

Look around the local shops and see what kind of sales they have going on.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

see above I have already checked out the local stores and they run around 370 here out the door. Norfolk va tends to be an expensive gun market for some reason even with reasonable competition. A friend wants to give me an older hunting mossbery 595 it will need the 18 barrel and the extension but I can do that for about 113 bucks so that may be an alternative.

Bought a 870 express super mag, four years ago and haven't had a single problem. I refinished the stock and foreend because I hated the flat gel stain that was used, but that was Remington's doing not Walmart. There was beautiful grain underneath when I stripped it down. Looks much better with new stain and many coats of gloss. It was also the cheapest price I could find anywhere.
    HK USP .45
    HK P2000sk .40

I got mine (870 Synthetic, 18"barrel,7 shot mag) for $330 last September at my local shop.....Remy was running a $30 rebate at the time so $300 plus tax.

Excellent shottie.....I did fill the stock with foam and replaced the standard recoil pad with the Remington R3.

Links