Stoeger Coach Anyone?

Stoeger Coach Anyone?

This is a discussion on Stoeger Coach Anyone? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, so I am pretty much out of control with gun buying right now, but it is fun, fun. I have actually been looking at ...

Thread: Stoeger Coach Anyone?

Stoeger Coach Anyone?

Ok, so I am pretty much out of control with gun buying right now, but it is fun, fun.

I have actually been looking at the Stoeger Coach Shotgun's since I saw them at the NRA convention here in St. Louis. I thought it was a very cool little side by side and thought this little Coach would be nice right by the Couch.

Looking at this one:

Here is the link to Stoeger: http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/coach.tpl

I know, I am just now getting the Remington XCS that isn't even in yet but this would be a multiple room gun, it's really the perfect size and just a cool shotty I think.

For the price I could even get two, one now or soon in a 20 gague so my girl friend can have a lower recoil shotgun, small that would fit her better and she can handle better if for whatever reason she would need it and the other one in 12 gague for the serious stopper that would be my little couch coach gun.

Just looking for what the quality is on these. For the price point I know they are not Brownings but for what they are I still think they are a cool little gun's for a nice price.

Unless the majority say it is a POS, I think I am going to start looking at least.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    Seems o.k. My buddy had a 12 coach gun. Worked well.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Assistant Administrator
    Grant - IIRC there are several folks here who have one of those and, from the one and only one I have handled, I'd say they are good to have. Nice and compact.

Only downside - if in fact it can even be called that literally - is capacity of two! I think the reason most tend to have 870's and similar is because of having more available shots.

There's something very ''Western'' about them tho - and sure wouldn't mind having one - but yeah, like I really ''need'' one
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I've had two or three. Every time I convince myself that I don't need one, I get to missing having one and go out to get another.

So now I am on my third (and hopefully) last one.

The ones I have had have done everything I've asked of them. Reliable, easy to handle and fun to shoot.

My two 870's may have a higher capacity (as does my wife's Mossy 500 and my Moss 835), but there's just something about that fast-handling, short-barreled double with the instantaneous second shot.

I keep mine loaded with Federal tactical slugs (along with 5 extras on butt cuff).

It would put the hurtin' to home-invadin' miscreant, and how.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    It's on my list
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    With the nickle and walnut that sure is pretty Ti...makes me want one!

Senior Moderator
    I shot a couple when I was still doing Cowboy shooting. They are great and a lot of fun. You might want to look at Spartan coach guns too. (Follow link)
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I've been wanting a coach gun. That Stoeger looks nice. :)
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I have one! I knew buying it, that it was not the best quality...hey, for 4 bills...
    But I sent mine off to 'Coyote Cap' (check his web site) for a $200 'action workover'...WOW, what a difference.

I now have a gun that falls open, better action, and the shells are more easily removed...

It's a great gun, once you have the 'cheap' removed...

OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great info!

I would mainly use this to set beside me when/if I am watching t.v. or a movie in the movie room to actually get me back to the 870 if I need it. It seems quick and light being the short bbl's. I will check out Coyote Cap and see what they about too.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I think it would look much better beside my couch.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I've had a LOT of experience with these guns for cowboy action shooting. Great little shotguns. I've sent you a PM. Forget about the 20 ga for your girlfriend, it will kick harder than the 12 ga with Win AA Light target loads.

Coach

One of our regular cowboy shooters brought his in for some work. The chambers were rough and needed a bit of polish to get the spent shells to fall free. The action was pretty smooth otherwise and didn't need much work. It was a dedicated match gun, though, not an HD thing.

Sponsored Links