Red Dot Type Scopes On Home Defense Shotguns - Page 3

Red Dot Type Scopes On Home Defense Shotguns

This is a discussion on Red Dot Type Scopes On Home Defense Shotguns within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by glockman10mm And that sums up about 90% of the problem. Stop reading articles. I know, I'll be sorry for asking but....What problem ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Red Dot Type Scopes On Home Defense Shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    And that sums up about 90% of the problem.

Stop reading articles.
    I know, I'll be sorry for asking but....What problem do you think I have for asking other peoples opinion on a firearm related item? I thought that is what this site was for.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    I know, I'll be sorry for asking but....What problem do you think I have for asking other peoples opinion on a firearm related item? I thought that is what this site was for.
    What does my suggesting about not reading in to police/military articles have to do with asking opinions on this forum? Totally unrelated.

Thats a fact that you put out there, after, you had already received a lot of good opinions from other members.
    I probably could have put a little sugar on my response and phrased it differently, something like, "Don't try to read articles related to police/military use of shotguns and try to apply that to your home defense applications".

But I had no idea it would be so sensitive to you.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

What does my suggesting about not reading in to police/military articles have to do with asking opinions on this forum?
    Well, I wasn't reading any military or police article. I was reading a shotgunner magazine. I mentioned nothing of any problem. I was just asking opinions of what other shotgunners thoughts about Reflex sights on a defensive shotguns. Telling anyone to quit reading about something as important as guns are to me is not very good advice at all. Almost has a ring of sarcasm to it.
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    That' was my thinking but then I read an article about the top 7 military and police shotguns and all but two of the seven had reflex sights on them. Two out of seven for the military and the police? You have to think they would know something. There must be some kind of advantage to having them.
    I must be mistaken then.
    It certainly appeared to me by what you said in the above quoted that you were reading about police and military shotgun set ups.

The basic synopsis of the point I was trying to make, is don't try to base your decisions on what you read.

But you do as you wish; I've got no skin in it either way.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Back to Reflex sights and shotguns. I got a new Girsan Tactical Inertia Semi. It has ghost ring sights and a center rail. I'm going to at least try some kind of relex sight, if for no other reason it will be fun.

The basic synopsis of the point I was trying to make, is don't try to base your decisions on what you read.
    Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. And you didn't say that. You said reading articles was 90% of my (made up by you) problem.

When I buy firearm related equipment or anything else really, I'm going to read about it and get as much information as I can. That helps me make my decision on what I decide to try. To much info and opinions not to listen to other folks thoughts and experience. You should try it. It's great. Now back to shotguns and reflex sights........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links