Hk G36

This is a discussion on Hk G36 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been doing alot of research into the G36 lately, and I'm really impressed with it. However, I can't find alot of production information. ...

Thread: Hk G36

Hk G36

I have been doing alot of research into the G36 lately, and I'm really impressed with it. However, I can't find alot of production information. Does anyone know if a civillian model will be put into production anytime soon? I know they have a rifle based on the g36....sl-8 maybe? but I gotta have that g36...anybody know anything?
    "Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family"

2. Remove Ads

Dont hold your breath .. Hk is not uber big on makeing non mil or leo models of their rifles

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    that stinks, b/c i wanted one as well... AK it is.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Senior Moderator
    I doubt very highly that H&K will make a civilian G36, especially with the prospect of another "assault" weapons ban heading down the pike.

I think the first one was sufficient to convince H&K that the civilian market here is not worth it, sadly.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

?? The SL8 is the civvie G36. If you want "The Look", go to hkpro.com, and look on the sell board and/or search "G36 Clone", and you'll get sources for parts and people doing specialized conversions. FWIW, I'm not impressed with the new HK polymer weapons. Perhaps they have addressed some of the stress-point issues, but early on, it looked to be rather lacking in everything but weight to the 90-series.

If you decided to do it, get the M-16 magwell kit from Long Mountain Outfitters, or you'll be stuck with trying to get rare and pricey HK feeders. BTDT...

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I've wanted a G36 clone for a long time too. I just wish it wasn't such an undertaking to convert an SL-8. Maybe one day when I have enough money burning a hole in my pocket (provided it's still legal).

Good luck if you decide to build one.

well, im a little sad inside. thanks for the input gentlemen. I guess I could live with the sl8, nothing wrong with a silver medal.
    "Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family"

Quote Originally Posted by hrtbrk07 View Post
    well, im a little sad inside. thanks for the input gentlemen. I guess I could live with the sl8, nothing wrong with a silver medal.
    Man, ante up another $600 or so, any you'll have the "real deal". I can always spend someone else's money!

Turn & thread the muzzle for a FH.(+/-$130)
    Dye your stock black (about $8 in Rit, from Walmart)
    Get the magwell conversion ($425): https://www.shop.black-market-parts....36&categoryId4

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    Dont hold your breath .. Hk is not uber big on makeing non mil or leo models of their rifles
    Ain't that the truth. And they're as bad as Glock for offering armoror's courses too (.mil and LEO only).

-B

you might want to look on gunbroker. I wanted a g36 also and they had some Sl-8's on there that looked exactly like the real G36's. You are looking at alot of money if you buy one that is already converted vs doing it yourself. I decided that it was a little out of my price range when I can get an m4 with all the stuff I would want on it for less than $2000. A G36 would be a cool gun to have though.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    A lot of ranges rent the SL8 to shoot. You may want to consider shooting one before plunking down your hard earned cash. IMHO the MP5 was the last good shooting product they made. The UMPs that I have shot have left a lot to be desired. The plastic stock is really uncomfortable.

Links