Beretta Storm CX4 9MM

This is a discussion on Beretta Storm CX4 9MM within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well heres a pic not the best my close up lens decided to take a when i needed it and with the autofocus Canon its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Storm CX4 9MM

Beretta Storm CX4 9MM

Well heres a pic not the best my close up lens decided to take a when i needed it and with the autofocus Canon its pretty hard to focus by hand on a black Rifle

It came with a Hard case Strap hand Grip on front plus all the rails you ahd to buy extra if you bought one when they first came out Also a pretty decent cleaning Kit 2 15 round mags

Wont get to shoot it for another 2 weeks or so but ill let ya know how it is and see if i can get a better pic

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I think you'll like it Bud - got one last year complete with rail and run a red dot on it. Gonna run a load of lead thru mine tomorrow.... one of the other guys coming has one in .40.

Despite the ''Flash Gordon'' looks of this gun I find it is emminently pointable and accuracy is well acceptable - 50 yds is very easy and even at 100 moderate results are possible. Over priced items these but - very nice to have.

Let us know your thoughts later after shooting.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Im still trying to figure out if i want to change it over to fully left handed or leave it with just cocking handle yes they are highpriced but heck its only money

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    We just got two of them at Gander Mountain East. One of them is 9x19, and the other is .45 ACP.

We spent a dull afternoon playing "Stargate-Atlantis" with them. Personally, now that I've handled one, I'd rather have something made of metal for facing the Wraith.

Lol playing stargate im sure store loved that... i looked at the 45 but 8 round only mags ...blah for fun i want 15-30

"playing "Stargate-Atlantis" with them."

Huh?

Administrator

Thumbs up Congrats Boys!

UNLEASH THE STORM!
    Nice deadly accurate little Hi~Tec Tinkertoys!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

George,

The characters on the 'Stargate' series all carry those futuristic personal defense machine pistols.

Granted, the ones on the show are a different make and model (the FN P90), but they also appear to be made of mostly plastic.

That, and a lot of us are SciFi fans, we've been watching the series finales of Battlestar Gallactica and Atlantis, and many of us just off seeing James Earl Jones III.

We were playing. Adults play.

That would probably be a better way for me to go than a 9mm AR. I might have to look into that.

I looked at a AR in 9mm but the cost exceeds what i paid for the storm package plus Mrs doesnt like the AR too heavy for her and of course buying it made me go out and get a beretta 92 since there same mags so its not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I looked at a AR in 9mm but the cost exceeds what i paid for the storm package plus Mrs doesnt like the AR too heavy for her and of course buying it made me go out and get a beretta 92 since there same mags so its not a bad thing
    I saw a new Colt 9mm in a local shop yeaterday and was quoted $1295 on it. Just too rich for my blood. I like the AR platform, but just can't justify that much for a 9mm rifle. Since I don't own a Beretta, hence no Beretta mags, I need something that uses Glock 17 mags. Do they make them also??

Nope out of luck there would be nice if it would use my Glock 17 mags i got couple of them 33 rounders....

You can get the mech tec carbine conversion for glock we have talked about this b4 on here and what was posted lead me to say no ill pass

Is there a fully automatic military version of this firearm? I have never seen one. In fact, it's only on TV that I've seen a FN P90.

Were these firearms built for a government trial or are they just civilian guns that take an accompanying pistol magazine.

I remember that Ruger had/has carbine rifles that also took pistol mags.

Fully auto of the cx4? not that i know of

Ruger has the pc9 or pc40 heavy sucker not full auto either

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Have had my Storm(in .45 ACP) now for about 8 wks. The wait was worth it. It will cycle almost any type bullet except wadcutter. It shoots the 165gr. COR-BON's just as accurate as the 230gr. whatevers. The most accurate load that I have found is the Hornady 230gr. XTP,which is a +p load.(Hornady # 9096) Sighted in these to dead on at 25yds and moved the target back to 50yds and the bullets continued to cut the same ragged hole. 10 shots went into a 1.7" group. This was from a well rested shooting bench,ammo stripped from the mag,and with a TRU-GLO red dot sight. It would be interesting to see what the little weapon would do with a decent trigger pull and a 12X Leupold. Trigger---- The pull is off my scale(over 12 lbs.)Although it doesn't have very much creep the trigger is not condusive to good groups but it can be mastered. Safety---- Would guess that it takes 15-20 lbs. of force to go either way with it. I can't take it off safe with my shooting hand without looseing my grip.(guess that could be a good thing) I'm sure that it was a lawyer thing as was the trigger. Will look into monkeying with them both in my free time. Also, cut all four of the sight ears off the front and rear sights. This weapon will be used with a red dot or some other sighting device only. I could not see the smallish open sights that came on the weapon. Origionally bought this weapon for very close range hogs and deer. The deer and hogs that we have here in NW Fla. don't get very big. Three weeks ago, at the hunting club that I belong to, I killed a 210-220lb. hog with the little rifle. She was 40 yds,broadside,and i was shootin' the above loading. The bullet went all the way through her and she went 30yds. and fell over dead. I will give this ammo a try in several of my 1911's to see how well it does in them. It could just turn out to be a good CCW load for two legged critters. Overall I would reccommend the little Beretta Storm. Especially in .45ACP. If you can live with the 9 rds. total capacity that is. I can't think of a critter(2 or 4 legged) that would take any more killin than that. I will chrono the Hornady loading in the near future to see what they are doing out of a 16" bbl. Hornady advertises 950fps out of a 5" bbl. so I would guess 1025 to 1075fps.---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links