English Imperial AR-15 Mags?

This is a discussion on English Imperial AR-15 Mags? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone used English Imperial AR-15 mags? If so, what is your opinion of them?...

Thread: English Imperial AR-15 Mags?

Has anyone used English Imperial AR-15 mags?

If so, what is your opinion of them?
    • Beretta 92 fs
    • Beretta 8000 Cougar
    • Bushmaster M4
    • CZ P-01
    • Kahr CW9
    • Kel-Tec P3-AT
    • Sig 239
    • Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    • Smith & Wesson 646 .357 mag
    • Springfield Milspec 1911
    • Springfield XD-9
    • Taurus PT-145
    • Walther P22

never heard of them till i saw them on cdnn for$13....thinking of buying two to try them ...price is good.

That is why I was inquiring about them. I saw the same special, so I decided to order five of them.
    • Beretta 92 fs
    • Beretta 8000 Cougar
    • Bushmaster M4
    • CZ P-01
    • Kahr CW9
    • Kel-Tec P3-AT
    • Sig 239
    • Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    • Springfield XD-9
    • Taurus PT-145
    • Walther P22

They've worked pretty well in my experience. I bought five a couple years ago, one of them wont hold the bolt open after the last shot but they all feed reliably. They weigh more as their made of steel but they look really nice, epecially in a dpms rifle which is black rather than grey.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I bought a bunch of them new during the ban - they work just great. They are heavier than the aluminum mags (of course), but I've never had a problem with them rusting or denting or not feeding properly. I've still got a number new in the wrap, and I'm pleased to have them.

My first choice, though, would probably be the Brownell's mags with the Magpull followers. This generation of anti-tilt follower is pretty darn impressive.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

I just received my package from CDNN and they seem more solidly built than the magazine that came with my Bushmaster.

If I have time this weekend, I will test them on the range and provide a subsequent report.
    • Beretta 92 fs
    • Beretta 8000 Cougar
    • Bushmaster M4
    • CZ P-01
    • Kahr CW9
    • Kel-Tec P3-AT
    • Sig 239
    • Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    • Springfield XD-9
    • Taurus PT-145
    • Walther P22

Administrator

Brownell's - Just saw these a few days ago. $17.95

And with Brownell's you get your $$$ back if not 100% satisfied - with a & no questions asked.

Here is the page http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Sto...l.aspx?p=21225

The Most Up-To-Date & Reliable Civilian Magazine Available

A battle rifle is only as reliable as its magazine – make sure the one in your rifle is from Brownells. When the difference between a “bang” and a “click” is life and death, a magazine failure is more than inconvenient – it can be fatal. So when we decided to build our own AR-15/M16 magazines, reliability was our first priority. Some of us have sons and daughters serving overseas or in law enforcement, and we aimed to build the kind of magazine we’d trust their lives with. We started with a clean slate, then worked out the bugs on the drawing board and the test range before we offered a single mag for sale, so you get a magazine of uncompromising quality and reliability that’s built to last and ready to run hard. When failure is not an option, these magazines deliver on the range, in the field, in a tactical situation, under fire. Load these smooth-feeding magazines to maximum capacity and fire the full 30 rounds you expect. No jams, no misfeeds, no hangups.

All components are made of mil-spec materials and are manufactured under strict, ISO quality-control standards. The heat-treated, welded aluminum body is hard-anodized for superior corrosion resistance, then given a tough, dry-lube coating to eliminate the need for additional lubricants that would attract dust, sand, or dirt. The latest military-type, glass-fiber reinforced composite follower further guarantees flawless feeding in the harshest tactical conditions. Choose from a mil-spec stainless steel spring or a chrome silicon spring that resists taking a “set.” Updated material and design features like those in our 30-round magazine have been adapted to our straight-bodied, 20-round model. Since we manufacture these mags ourselves, we can maintain a large inventory. So, if you need magazines in a hurry, even in quantity, we can get them to you ASAP.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

BAC
    Why not look into the Magpul PMAG? They're tough as hell and not too different in price. I understand they fit a little more snug in mag pouches but are otherwise outstanding.

-B

Links