Hopefully someone here knows what I have.

This is a discussion on Hopefully someone here knows what I have. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A friend came in to the store this afternoon and tells me this story about a gun cabinet that he had just bought, and a ...

Thread: Hopefully someone here knows what I have.

A friend came in to the store this afternoon and tells me this story about a gun cabinet that he had just bought, and a hidden treasure found in a locked drawer in the cabinet.

In the drawer was a box that contained 7 magazines (5-M14/2-Unknown), 55 rounds of .308, 50 rounds of .25ACP, and a filet knife.

Since I own an M14, the 5 mags and the .308's are spoken for. The filet knife and the other two mags are up for grabs as far as I am concerned.

Here is the jist of the thread. Who knows what these mags are for rifle wise. I know that they were loaded with .308's so I can only assume that they are for a .308 rifle, but what??

Pictures follow.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Looks like either Cetme or G3 Mags

VIP Member
    That is identical to the mags I have for for my H&K91(7.62 NATO).
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Comparing the ones currently in my possession to pictures on the net using the info here, I think we have a winner. They look like H&K magazines to me too.

Sooo,....you either of you guys need a couple?? Or any other takers for that matter?
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

i could use a few

PM sent Bud.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    They look steel (and they're definitely G3 mags). If they were aluminum, I'd be interested, but I've got 20 steel G3 mags taking up space already

Links