The Home Backup- $39.95

This is a discussion on The Home Backup- $39.95 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Courtesy of the morons at gunguys.com:(gunguys were making fun of it.....) http://www.home-backup-protection.com/ http://www.home-backup-protection.co...commercial.php This is actually a pretty good idea....as long as no children in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Home Backup- $39.95

VIP Member

The Home Backup- $39.95

Courtesy of the morons at gunguys.com:(gunguys were making fun of it.....)

http://www.home-backup-protection.com/

http://www.home-backup-protection.co...commercial.php

This is actually a pretty good idea....as long as no children in the house.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

I'd still prefer a pistol to a long gun...at night...from a dead sleep...look too easy to knock off when exiting the bed...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I prefer my pistol on the night stand also... But, if a long gun is all your ALLOWED to keep. than this is a good idea.
    Colt Officers ACP
    Smith & Wesson 649-5
    Smith & Wesson 637-2

If a Rifle or Shotgun is the only option sure this kind of thing works. I had a mount on my old bed just under the frame. I used two garage ceiling U-hangers(for screwing into the ceiling and hanging tools from them), purchased at home depot for like $5. I mounted them to the underside of the wooden frame for my bed and sat the rifle in them.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

$39.95 for a couple pieces of steel??? heck, just build one on your own with some parts from a hardware store.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    A couple of wall hooks nailed in to your bed frame will do the same thing. Cost would be less than $5.00.

Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    $39.95 for a couple pieces of steel??? heck, just build one on your own with some parts from a hardware store.
    Its all in the advertising..... Remember, someone invented "Pet Rocks" and convinced millions of people that they had to have one!
    Colt Officers ACP
    Smith & Wesson 649-5
    Smith & Wesson 637-2

The Misses would not like it if she came home and found two steel objects screwed into the bottom of the antique poster bed.

I'd have to find a way to mount them to the couch. Ouch !!
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    The Misses would not like it if she came home and found two steel objects screwed into the bottom of the antique poster bed.

Hey...just who is the boss in your castle, anyway?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Yeah, I know, same with me...but sometimes she let's me pretend I'm in charge, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I like my Kel-tec p3at on my nightstand, but I wish I had more of a holster deal on my nightstand

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Hey...just who is the boss in your castle, anyway?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Yeah, I know, same with me...but sometimes she let's me pretend I'm in charge, too!
    I keep my shotgun in the corner next to motor i'm rebuilding.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    OK time to wake uo now........

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I'd still prefer a pistol to a long gun...at night...from a dead sleep...look too easy to knock off when exiting the bed...OMO
    Two words... Duct Tape

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

From there FAQ tha tI saw early this month
    1.Do you have a guarantee?
    Yes, our product is 100% guaranteed from manufacturing defects and customer satisfaction.. If your product is faulty in any way, return to the factory, and we will replace. If you are not satisfied with your product, return within 2 weeks of delivery, and we will issue a refund. We will pay shipping for replacement units. You are responsible for the shipping on all returned products.
    2.What is The Back Up
    The Back Up is a rack that allows you to keep you shotgun or other defense weapon in easy reach. A number of people keep their guns on a bed stand, under the bed, in the closet or standing in the corner. This is neither safe nor gives you easy access to your defensive tool when you really need it. Protection is is effective only when it is easily available and easy to use. The Back Up with it's unique patented design, gives you the quick and easy access to your protective device, while not getting in the way when getting in and out of bed.
    3.Why would I use back up with a shotgun rather than a handgun.
    There are several reasons why a shotgun is better than a handgun.
    A. For one it is safer for people in an adjoining room. You miss you shot with a hand gun, the bullet goes though the wall. Since a shotgun using “shot” which which stop any intruder, but not penetrate completely through a wall.
    B. A shot gun is visible and intimidating. You may be able to scare off an intruder without firing a shot.
    C. A shot gun has a spread pattern. A hand gun uses a single bullet. You are less like to miss your target with a shotgun when you are under the stress of a home intruder.
    4.I already have a shot gun handy. Why not keep it where I have it?
    Because you would have to get up and find it losing valuable time.
    5.How do I know the Back Up will fit my shotgun?
    The Back Up unique patented design is adjustable to any size shotgun. The adjustments are easy to make and will fit your device.
    6.I sleep on the right side of the bed. Can I use it there?
    Because of the the Back Up's unique patented design, you can adjust to fit on either side of the bed and place it where it is handy for you. If fact we suggest you have Back Ups on both sides of the bed.
    7.I travel a lot for business or hunting. Is it portable?
    Very light and portable. It's unique patented design and construction gives you the ability to collapse it easily for travel, and place it where you need it.
    8.Children visit regularly, What should I do?
    It is never wise to keep a loaded weapon close to untrained immature people. Put your shotgun away and lock it up. If you feel you need protection at these times, do what I do and put an aluminum baseball bat on the The Back Up. A well aimed swing can interrupt many an intruder.
    9.Won't I keep bumping my knees?
    The Back Up's unique patented design keeps your shotgun close the the bed, well out of the way when getting in and out of bed.
    10.How do I report a problem?
    Call 1-866-813-BACK (1-866-813-2225) or contact us http://www.the-back.com. They will send you the information needed to get your problem resolved. If any parts are missing, we will send out the part ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post

For $39.99plus S&H I will send you a mounting system that will not require that you screw in you existing bed

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

True but its also a lot harder to aim and hit a BG from a dead sleep in the dark. A shotgun is sure to get him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links