So I did a thing. New Mossberg by Gosh. - Page 2

So I did a thing. New Mossberg by Gosh.

This is a discussion on So I did a thing. New Mossberg by Gosh. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got to looking around and most were from a couple years ago. I didn't really find any recent. If it doesn't work I'll send ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: So I did a thing. New Mossberg by Gosh.

I got to looking around and most were from a couple years ago. I didn't really find any recent. If it doesn't work I'll send it back to buds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, I'm upset with buds. Payment cleared on my gun early yesterday morning. I contacted buds to see when the firearm would ship so I could make arrangements with my ffl. These jack nuts said they aren't going to ship until 3-23-17 saying the funds haven't left my bank. I told em bs and sent them proof it has cleared my bank. I'm awaiting their response!

I mean I could understand waiting until Monday 3-20-17 to ship! But 3-23-17 6 days after payment has cleared the bank? That's a bit excessive.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dsclaiborne View Post
    Well, I'm upset with buds. Payment cleared on my gun early yesterday morning. I contacted buds to see when the firearm would ship so I could make arrangements with my ffl. These jack nuts said they aren't going to ship until 3-23-17 saying the funds haven't left my bank. I told em bs and sent them proof it has cleared my bank. I'm awaiting their response!

I mean I could understand waiting until Monday 3-20-17 to ship! But 3-23-17 6 days after payment has cleared the bank? That's a bit excessive.

Bud's changed hands back about 5 years ago. They haven't been the same since.
    OD* likes this.
    My name is Frogman46 and I'm tougher than you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Heck,

I wasn't aware of that.

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar

I was reading through the thread waiting for the inevitable Buds horror story. The only person that seems to like Buds these days is Hickok45, and that's probably only because they send him guns to test and play with. If you're going to buy online, stick with places like SportsmanOutdoorsSuperstore, Tombstone Tactical, Prepper and maybe one or two others I'm not thinking of right now.
    BadgerJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    I was reading through the thread waiting for the inevitable Buds horror story. The only person that seems to like Buds these days is Hickok45, and that's probably only because they send him guns to test and play with. If you're going to buy online, stick with places like SportsmanOutdoorsSuperstore, Tombstone Tactical, Prepper and maybe one or two others I'm not thinking of right now.
    Yes sir,

I see that now. I'd heard good things about buds but it could be it was from people that'd never really ordered from them before. Lesson learned. I'll chalk it up and move on. That's all I can do.

Lol,

I just got a response from Rex Mclanahan their CEO lol. He claims they never changed hands.

Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Very nice scattergun! It looks pretty complete to me and doesn't look it needs to be a "build". Just my .02 worth!
    I agree- beauty as is.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    If you're offended by anything I say, I'm offended that you are such a sissy.

NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Good looking shotgun!

Do you know, and I mean no offence, if Mossberg corrected the feed problems they had sometime back? I'd like to have the 9 shot 590A1 but the feed issues they have/had make me a little cautious.
    I have the 590A1 5+1. The only feed problem it has is not shooting it frequently enough!

No problems at all. I did consider getting a Mossberg tube extender. According to Mossberg, the extension would require a new spring to compensate, but I'd think that was standard.
    OldChap likes this.

NRA Life Member

I bet they'll ship Monday. They'll see the funds then, and after a little "persuasion" by you, they'll get on it.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    I have the 590A1 5+1. The only feed problem it has is not shooting it frequently enough!

No problems at all. I did consider getting a Mossberg tube extender. According to Mossberg, the extension would require a new spring to compensate, but I'd think that was standard.
    You wouldn't need a new spring unless you just wanted one. S&j hardware makes a +2 that comes with a spring, extension tube and follower. It's like 85.00 though. It is flush fit on am 18.5" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    I bet they'll ship Monday. They'll see the funds then, and after a little "persuasion" by you, they'll get on it.
    Nope ceo said 3-23-17 at earliest when I talked to him this morning. I was nice at first and he wouldn't budge.

Great so the magpul moe forend arrives and it says it may not fit the tri rail forend model 590s! Well see surely the 590 a1 isn't using the short action tube.

This is the exact same gun I was contemplating on buying. Would love to here your impressions of it when it arrives. It is one of a few 590a1's that have the accu chokesystem on it. I was thinking of trying turkey hunting one of these years and I think this would work great with the choke tubes. Kind of double duty home defense and turkey/deer gun.

tony

What the heck is an accu choke and it doesn't say anything about having a choke on the Mossberg page

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links