Mossy 590A1

This is a discussion on Mossy 590A1 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i wandered around one of the local fun shops and found a slightly used mossberg 590A1 18.5" barrel with ghost ring sights for $399. it ...

Thread: Mossy 590A1

Mossy 590A1

i wandered around one of the local fun shops and found a slightly used mossberg 590A1 18.5" barrel with ghost ring sights for $399. it seems like a good deal to me, but i'm looking for a second (or third) opinion.

thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Does it look like it's been used a fair amount? To compare...I paid $500 for my 20 inch earlier this year...but that was with tax.

I've got mine modded the way I want it....and it's pure smiles every time I pull the trigger on those buckshot loads.

So, if it were me....after paying 5 bills....if it is only slightly used....I'd go for it. Perhaps you could "Negotiate" for closer to $325-$350.

Good Luck,

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Senderofan View Post
    Does it look like it's been used a fair amount? To compare...I paid $500 for my 20 inch earlier this year...but that was with tax.

I've got mine modded the way I want it....and it's pure smiles every time I pull the trigger on those buckshot loads.

So, if it were me....after paying 5 bills....if it is only slightly used....I'd go for it. Perhaps you could "Negotiate" for closer to $325-$350.

Good Luck,

Wayne
    Wayne,
    It looks pretty close to brand new; in fact, the only thing telling me it might be used is its location on the used rack.

I'm really not a fan of the ghost ring sights, but if it's a good deal, I think I can manage with them.

Thanks for the advice!

sounds like a great deal the a1 has the metal tang safety and the metal trigger I believe as well as the thicker barrel.. I just bought a new 590 with bead sites mag extention and heat shield for 419 plus tax etc. The regular 590 has the composite trigger and safety ....

Got mine

a couple days ago. 20" 9-round for $475 out the door. The A1 is much beefier that the standard 500 / 590. The metal trigger group and heavy barrel are nice. I'll get to the range tonight with it. Can't wait.
    Attached Images
    -Biker

well, i went in there first thing this morning to pick it up (it was new BTW), BUT ran into a little trouble. i'm active duty military with a driver's license from out of state, and the expiration date on the license is from a few years ago. it usually isn't a big deal as the issuing state considers it still valid as long as i'm on active duty. the "gentleman" behind the counter rudely protested. i tried asking him questions but was continually cut off, so i walked out the door.

in the parking lot, an off-duty LEO talked to me about that particular place and their "attitude problems" and recommended another shop just down the road.

long story short, i ordered the exact model i wanted (590A1 with 18.5" barrel and bead sight) for $408 out the door. the only bad thing is i have to wait until it comes in which will probably be next friday.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I just tried practicing houseclearing with my 20" 590, the barrel is to long, if you can get the 18.5" barrel with ghost sights, grab it! I wish I could buy it off of you as I would like to shorten the barrel to 16" but the cost of doing so with the tube and sights would be to much.

Echo5Tango,

$408 out the door?? Man, that is a smokin' deal. Enjoy!! One of my upgrades was to put the metal safety button on it. Got mine from Brownells. Really feels more non slip.

Safety Button, Military Special, Metal

Mfr: MOSSBERG

Replace Factory Plastic With Genuine Factory Metal Button

A genuine Mossberg replacement for the factory, plastic part made to their specs from tough, durable aluminum. Won’t fail when you really need it. Drops right in with no modification to the receiver or the detent settings.

SPECS: Aluminum. Black. 1.19" (30mm) long, .30" (7.6mm) wide. May require minor fitting.

Catalog page 145

Stock Number / Desc
    Price
    Qty
    More Info

631-000-287
    Safety Button, Military Special, Metal $15.94

Enjoy the new piece,

Wayne

I think the a1 already comes with the metal safety

i was really stoked when he told me the price on it!

ghost rings on shotguns are not for me, hence the bead sight. if anyone is looking for one of these, your dealer should be able to order one. but i'm pretty sure they're only available to law enforcement dealers. the 18.5" with bead sight is part number 51411-8, and the 18.5" with ghost ring sights is part number 51517-7 which should be right at about $400+tax.

when i pick it up, i'll take a couple/few pics of it.

Well, my 590 A-1 that I ordered this past spring had the metal trigger guard but a plastic safety button. The gun is stamped with A1....so not sure if they all come with the metal botton or not. I know it was a nice addition to my A1.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Senderofan View Post
    Well, my 590 A-1 that I ordered this past spring had the metal trigger guard but a plastic safety button. The gun is stamped with A1....so not sure if they all come with the metal botton or not. I know it was a nice addition to my A1.

Wayne
    Wayne,
    Thanks for the heads-up! I'll definitely check it out!

I bought my 18.5", ghost ring, 590a1 for $373+tax. I guess I just got a smokin deal.

Either way, you'll love it.

Links