Are there mechanical locks for shotgun actions?

This is a discussion on Are there mechanical locks for shotgun actions? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm wondering has anyone come across a mechanical lock toward the action for shotguns? For example I've installed the Springfield Armory 'Integrated Locking System' (ILS) ...

Thread: Are there mechanical locks for shotgun actions?

I'm wondering has anyone come across a mechanical lock toward the action for shotguns?

For example I've installed the Springfield Armory 'Integrated Locking System' (ILS) on all of my 1911s and it works excellently and is compliance with the law. As well it's much more convenient and flexible to use than a cable lock.

I've not heard of similar for a shotgun but that doesn't mean it's not out there.
    To be very specific I am not looking for lockable mounting options such as the 'LocBox' et. al. Specifically a keyed action/bolt locking device akin to the ISS safety lock of the Remington 710 rifle.

Thank you ahead of time.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The new 870s have a locking safety button. I threw mine away, but IIRC, its a direct replacement, and you should be able to get one from Brownell's, if not Remington, directly.

Different brands may not have a factory retro, yet, but adapting a safety to be "set" should not be a major deal for a smith.

As for the Remington 870, I replaced my factory locking-safety with a Vang Over-Sized Safety. The LAST thing I want to be doing if I NEED my scattergun...is looking for the %#& key!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Thank you for the assist Rob!

That is exactly what I was looking/hoping for.
    From your clue I located additional information over at THR and from that a reference to Shotgun World showing pics of this unit during removal.

For others who might be curious or find this information useful...

THR - "Giving "J-safety" the boot"
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=238015

SW - "Scattergun Tech. Jumbo Head Safety Installation"
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=86875

Thanks again for the to me useful information!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Update:

I found an even better and completely universal solution via the folks at Benelli!

Chamber Lock

When storing or transporting your shotgun, use the patented Benelli Chamber Lock for additional safety. Meets California standards.
    Specify right or left-handed. $20.00

Source - http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/p...soriesMisc.tpl
    Being universal toward any and all shotguns this is an even better solution than that of the Remington locking safety.

- Janq

Links