Masada

Masada

This is a discussion on Masada within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Guns and Ammo 2008 annual ran a story on the Magpul Masada, due to be released next year. It uses a psiton rather than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masada

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Masada

The Guns and Ammo 2008 annual ran a story on the Magpul Masada, due to be released next year. It uses a psiton rather than a gas tube, and will easily convert between a .223, 6.8 SPC, and a 7.62 X 39. Looks reaaly great, I can't wait until it comes out.

VIP Member
    Fondled them during the 2007 SHOT Show...they felt great...hope they run as good as they looked.

If they do, I will purchase one.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

It is an updated version of the AR-180 with a polymer lower and many parts the same as the AR-15. Check out Magpul's website for some good information about it. It looks promising. I am looking forward to seeing one.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    The Guns and Ammo 2008 annual ran a story on the Magpul Masada, due to be released next year. It uses a psiton rather than a gas tube, and will easily convert between a .223, 6.8 SPC, and a 7.62 X 39. Looks reaaly great, I can't wait until it comes out.
    My only question is will it be able to convert to 7.62x39 and accept AK mags.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    ....the new question for me is if HK does sell the HK-416 (as announced on HKPRO.com ), whether I'll get that or a Masada...all of that depends on their pricing and availability
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Did a little online research and viewed a few videos from Magpul also; all I can say is the moment a civilian version hits my gun shop Its MINE!!!.

I want one too.

I'm going to have to move out of this state.
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    My only question is will it be able to convert to 7.62x39 and accept AK mags.
    Yep & yes with operator replaceable quick to change non-serialized polymer reciever, bolt, barrel and ammo applicable non-proprietary conventional design magazine.

- Janq is holding out on a rifle purchase for this expected debut in Q2 '08
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

BAC
    For some reason this rifle just doesn't do it for me. The HK 416 holds more interest to me, but I already know it'll be out of my price range. I really like the SCAR and am itching to fondle it a bit, but right now I'm saving for other things.

Maybe you gotta touch it first. Catch the Masada-bug or something.

-B

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Thanks for the poster, Jang. Like you, I'll be looking forward to getting one. I hope that I can pull it off for Q2 '08. I will just have to see how the budget shapes up. I've thought seriously about getting something in 6.8SPC, but I was just not sure that I wanted to invest in one. With the Masada, I can just add the 6.8SPC kit, and switch over. Too bad that it won't have a 7,62 X 51 kit, but I understand that it would have made the whole gun much larger. I really love the flexibility.

I'm waiting for this to come out. I hope it has very few bugs to be worked out. I have been waiting for a rifle that will change from AR15 to AK magazines for caliber changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Yep & yes with operator replaceable quick to change non-serialized polymer reciever, bolt, barrel and ammo applicable non-proprietary conventional design magazine.

- Janq is holding out on a rifle purchase for this expected debut in Q2 '08
    WOW THAT IS SEXYYYYYYY...........................
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I like! Anybody hear what the pricerange is supposed to be? This one looks like it may end up as my first black rifle.

I'm slowly saving up for one...although it will be a while as in 6 more months I should have a different type of addition to the family (I'm gonna be a dad!). But I can see this gun in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil View Post
    I like! Anybody hear what the pricerange is supposed to be? This one looks like it may end up as my first black rifle.
    MSRP I think was 1399 or 1499

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links