Barska Scopes

Barska Scopes

This is a discussion on Barska Scopes within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was thinking about buying one of these. Looks to be a ACOG knock off, but the company doesn't show the reticle, and I am ...

Thread: Barska Scopes

Barska Scopes

I was thinking about buying one of these. Looks to be a ACOG knock off, but the company doesn't show the reticle, and I am not sure if its worth it. Its on sale right now for $100, which is quite a deal if it works half as good as an acog. I know it doesn't have the ambient light thing, but not really worried about night shooting with it. If anyone has used one please let me know.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-1...e-ac10806.html
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Purchased a Barska 6-24x50 IR scope, myself, last year, to see if cheap could be had without a downside. In my case, I found the "waterproof, fogproof and shockproof" claims to come with one additional feature: visionproof. After a couple of months, the clarity went down the tubes. The illuminated retical went wonky, as well. Unknown if the rest of the Barska gear is similarly made or if the one specific scope I got was just a lemon. Am not interested in them at even a 70% discount, as many of the models are these days (at least, at OpticsPlanet). But, I can say that the Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 scope I also have is ten times the value, at twice the price. There's no substitute for clarity and ruggedness. My $0.03.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Rathos, Bushnell makes a model similar to the Barska you linked to. It is called a Bushnell Trophy I believe. I attended a Tactical Rifle class last weekend and a few of the guys there had them, one on a Mini-14, the other one on a FS2000. From what I saw, the reticle was a T-dot, dot with dashes at 3-6-9 o'clock. Am not sure if it has magnification or was a 1x. Was told it goes for around $180ish. Hope that helps...

SY

I have a Barska 6-24 x 44mm with an IR illuminated reticle and must say for the price it can't be beat. Yes there are better, but at a much higher price.

With Barska, you pay your money and take your chances. I have used them on .22s, and had good luck with 1, one was cloudy, and I returned it. A friend just bought one and had to return it because of unclear optics. I would go somewhere else.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Thanks guys, I figured as much but I was hoping for someone to say it was great. I guess its back to saving for something better.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

I was surprised that they were fairly decent. The two I bought were anyway. The optics were clear and the cross hairs very bright and they both zero'd in just fine and seem to be still working very well. Hate to say it but these two have been above decent.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Put a Barska on my AR-15 and its sharp as a tack. It was easy to adjust it to zero. Don't know about anyone else but a scope this sharp for $29 ready made for the AR is hard to beat.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Sponsored Links