Say Goodbye to Parts Kits

This is a discussion on Say Goodbye to Parts Kits within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; DSA makes an FAL with all new parts. The best FAL out there, but it will cost you about $1400. They also make one with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say Goodbye to Parts Kits

JT [OP]
    DSA makes an FAL with all new parts. The best FAL out there, but it will cost you about $1400. They also make one with mostly new parts except for the Austrian barrel. That will run you about $900-$1000. They probably have enough barrels that they are going to be making them for quite some time, but I would expect the price will go up.

The bottom line is this is going to affect the cheaper stuff. You will still be able to get AKs and FALs (for now - get them while you can), but it will be the higher dollar ones. They will even be able to import some parts, but that US made barrel is going to drive up the price.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. Remove Ads

Well that was kind of my point JT. I have to plan these things out well in advance. By the time I get there, I probably won't be able to afford it as the prices will be higher. Actually a better way to say it is that I'll be looking at my other options and realizing I can do better if I go with another firing platform.

Unless they ban the Romanian imports, I think that there will still be an affordable AK 47 clone option but the prices will go up somewhat to the point they won't be as desireable. The higher end AK clones will become even more expensive.

But this too makes the other systems look like better alternatives, as the whole point of the AK 47 clone is that it gets the job done but it's a whole lot cheaper than other platforms.

That's one reason I've kind of avoided considering an AR-15 seriously until I got something else first because for what you pay, you really don't get that much return on your investment. The firing platform itself is well overpriced.

But when you can find deals like the ones I just posted, and the prices of these other platforms suddenly jump $100 or more, the AR-15 system suddenly looks reasonable especially when you consider how flexible it is.

I hope it doesn't kill the C&R stuff like the letter of it states, but in any case, I am going to squeeze hard, (worked two OT this paycheck) to get another Yugo.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Administrator

Jt

Oh So...this will affect the Saturday Night Special assault rifles.

"The bottom line is this is going to affect the cheaper stuff. You will still be able to get AKs and FALs (for now - get them while you can), but it will be the higher dollar ones. They will even be able to import some parts, but that US made barrel is going to drive up the price."

take everything away that the little man can use against ya.....

one

small

bite

at

a

time.........

Hope thats not true bout the Maks.....guess its time to get a few, one to refinish in NP3 and one to stash for later when they are double the price.!
    Brad B.

JT [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Oh So...this will affect the Saturday Night Special assault rifles.
    Yep. And the rest is on their radar screen.

Although, I would say the Saturday Night Special Priced assault weapons. Cheap price, but still decent quality thanks to being made with surplus parts and/or cheap labor.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Although, I would say the Saturday Night Special Priced assault weapons. Cheap price, but still decent quality thanks to being made with surplus parts and/or cheap labor.
    Yeah, that's the thing I think that's getting to the alphabets.

The FALs before the kits were $2k guns. I'd hoped to own one, someday. Now I own five (six if you count one on near-permanent loan). The ones I've built clocked in well under $500.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links