Defensive Carry banner

Pardner shotguns

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Supertac45 
#1 · (Edited)
i'm looking to buy a shotgun for HD. i used to own a mossberg 500 years ago, but had to sell it during hard times. i've been shopping around, and i've been seeing pardner more and more often. most of the major chain stores (dick's, gander mt.) carry them, and some of my local gunshops, too. brand new, they cost less than $200. this seems to be a great deal for a 12 gauge pump action, but i've never heard of pardner. if it were a remington or mossie, i'd think it was a steal. unfortunately, around here, either would run at least $200 used. what say you all?

here's a link to the shottie in question: http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerPump.aspx

#4 ·
It's my opinion that H&R makes decent shotguns for a good price. That said, I have no dealings with that particular gun and don't know if it is reliable, modifiable or any other "able." For home defense a barrel that long would be bad I'd think.

#5 ·
Tony, go to the bottom of the page. The Protector has an 18.5" barrel. I bought one this summer to try out. I have put a number of rounds through it and it functions perfectly well. I have fired 00 and 4 Buckshot through it. It is inexpensive and appears to be well constructed.

#7 ·
They work just fine, but are not much less expensive than a Maverick 88 pump gun at Wally or others. Get the 88, and if you are only going to use it for HD, remove the plug.

#8 ·
I have a Pardner Protector and a NEF Pardner single shot both in 12ga. I use the single shot for clays and the Protector for HD. Both have been flawless and are both bought for pretty cheap. Only "mod" I did to either was a Limb Saver pad I modified on the single shot and a slip over shell holder sleeve for the Protector.

I've heard the protector can take 870 stocks but not sure on the foregrip. For a HD shotgun that cost me $170 at Dick's Sporting Goods I could not pass it up. The single shot cost me $60 from a friend. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.