Storing your HD shotgun - Page 2

Storing your HD shotgun

This is a discussion on Storing your HD shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chuck R. Here's mine: Benelli M1S90 under my bed in a V-Line Long-Gun case with simplex push-button combination. Keeps the gun secure ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Here's mine:

Benelli M1S90 under my bed in a V-Line Long-Gun case with simplex push-button combination.

Keeps the gun secure and I've matched the combo on my V-Line pistol case in the nightstand.

Chuck
    I'm looking at getting an AR next month and what you have there looks like it will work for my needs. about how much would something like that run?

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    I'm looking at getting an AR next month and what you have there looks like it will work for my needs. about how much would something like that run?
    AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    FTF is a stellar retailer.

That fore end you bought is usually something that people either love or hate. I prefer our abbreviated traditional fore end to a pistol grip, but that is all in personal preference.

Lemme' know when you get 'er!

scot@atigunstocks.com
    Will do. They should arriving tomorrow. I'm gonna try to do some before and after pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Daps View Post
    What does a Benelli shotgun have to do with an AR?
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I was talking about the vline safe, need something to store the AR in duhhh :)
    Guess I couldve been a little more clear

Daps,

I understood you!

They run about $260 or so. Mine is the large rifle case which also fits my AR.

http://www.gunsafestore.com/rifle-case.htm

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Thanks

I'm going to look around locally and see if Dicks or Gander Mnt has them

Hey, Scot. I just shot you an email, but thought I'd post it here too. I got the combo kit in today and everything is going on fine except the vertical foregrip. Apparently, my forend tube is too short? It’s like…REALLY short. I’m a couple inches from being able to get the screw cap on it. It’s an 870 Special, but my understanding from Remington was that everything should be the same. Is the special’s forend tube shorter than a normal 870?

Common issue. When I get to work this morning, I'll email you a link on instruction to solve that. Basically, you need to remove a small amount of material from the front adapter to make this fit. I'll show you later today!

You can call my desk after 8:30 eastern...

866-472-8590

I'll talk you through the install.

S
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Common issue. When I get to work this morning, I'll email you a link on instruction to solve that. Basically, you need to remove a small amount of material from the front adapter to make this fit. I'll show you later today!

You can call my desk after 8:30 eastern...

866-472-8590

I'll talk you through the install.

S

Thanks so much for your help this morning, Scot. Unfortunately I just got off the phone with Remington and the customer service rep immediately said "Won't fit." when I told them what I had and explained to me that the Special uses a much smaller foreend tube than the standard 870. Not only that, but the guide ring on the barrel is closer to the reciever than on a standard 870. Looks like I'm SOL. I just left a message there for ya with Kyle. This way you know if any other customers have this issue.

Thanks again for being so cool!

Rack the bolt back, and put a cable lock through it when someone might be able to get it. Not under your control in other words.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Rack the bolt back, and put a cable lock through it when someone might be able to get it. Not under your control in other words.
    Well, I was trying to avoid something like this as it's main purpose will be for home defense.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_ocks View Post
    Where do you keep your HD shotgun and how do you keep it safe? Looking for ideas on where to put the thing so that it's loaded, easy to access, but out of little hands reach.
    I keep an 18" barrel Savage Arms 12 gauge pump (I got it for $25... and it cycles fine... what can I say? I put a pistol grip on it) wedged between the headboard of my bed and the wall. You wouldn't know it was there unless you were specifically looking for it. It's easy enough to get out.

Since you want it *immediately* available should trouble arise, I would recommend trying to find a great hiding spot as opposed to a mechanical lock situation. I've seen a few nice lock setups that you could get open in less than 5 or 6 seconds, but that might be too long in some scenarios. Between the mattress and box spring is a classic idea, but works well. If you have any carpentry skills, consider building a compartment into the headboard of your bed, or dresser, etc... A good friend of mine built a "secret" compartment into the headboard of his waterbed just for a shotgun. A false bottom in a (big) drawer maybe?

Hope that helps.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.

I use a lifejacket lock and have it mounted to the wall in my closet. Outside of a wall safe its great.

I picked up a Rem 870 AOW "sawed off" for HD. It lives right next to the bed in one of my old breifcases. It holds it vertical, right where I can grab the pistol grip while still in bed.
    Unless you walk around the end of the bed to my side, you can't even see it.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links