Going to look at a Full Auto UZI today

This is a discussion on Going to look at a Full Auto UZI today within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I might be trading one of my 4 AR's an SAR-2 5.45 oo and some $ for a F/A UZI going to look at it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to look at a Full Auto UZI today

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Going to look at a Full Auto UZI today

I might be trading one of my 4 AR's an SAR-2 5.45 oo and some $ for a F/A UZI
    going to look at it this evening Convince me this is GOOD/Bad Idea...
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    I might be trading one of my 4 AR's an SAR-2 5.45 for a F/A UZI
    going to look at it this evening
    OOOH new toy! Getting your early Christmas present out of the way are we?

edit:
    Almost forgot...if you haven't been through the NFA mess before....go the trust route...saves a bundle on time. Got the BATFE signoff on my suppressor in around 2 weeks via the trust route. Just my $.03
    Last edited by packinnova; November 26th, 2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: almost forgot
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    OOOH new toy! Getting your early Christmas present out of the way are we?

edit:
    Almost forgot...if you haven't been through the NFA mess before....go the trust route...saves a bundle on time. Got the BATFE signoff on my suppressor in around 2 weeks via the trust route. Just my $.03
    I've got 2 CANs, went the normal route through the Fairfax Sheriff, at that time it was LT. Tracy he took about 2 weeks. Doug Stockman was the dealer down by richmond.

How do you actual establish the trust...Somebody have a step by step...
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

I've got 2 CANs, went the normal route through the Fairfax Sheriff, at that time it was LT. Tracy he took about 2 weeks. Doug Stockman was the dealer down by richmond.

How do you actual establish the trust...Somebody have a step by step...
    I did a thread around here somewhere about my experience. I just used quicken willmaker to form a Revocable Living Trust with me as the trustee and then went to a local notary to have it notarized. Then when I filled out the ownership form etc... at the dealer I just made the owner the name of the trust. The trust doesn't have fingerprints or a photo so none of that was needed. Just fill out the forms and send 'em in
    Last edited by packinnova; November 26th, 2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: finishing up

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

JD
    Administrator
    I'd get it just for the bragging rights/cool factor. You gotta get another can for it

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I did a thread around here somewhere about my experience. I just used quicken willmaker to form a Revocable Living Trust with me as the trustee and then went to a local notary to have it notarized. Then when I filled out the ownership form etc... at the dealer I just made the owner the name of the trust. The trust doesn't have fingerprints or a photo so none of that was needed. Just fill out the forms and send 'em in
    What real advantages does a Trust have vs. Just filling out the Form 3 or Form 4 which ever it is?

Well, for starters if you find you have an CLEO that won't/refuses to signoff on you even though you have no issues...the trust doesn't require CLEO signoff. Second, no fingerprinting or photographing time/mess with because a trust isn't a person. Third, Time. It's usually faster since there's no fingerprints to run etc... Then there's the whole tax "benefit" of the trust concept...If you were to say...die, I believe the assets of the trust are non-taxable to some extent when the assets are allocated according to your wishes etc.... I forget the details on that tax part.

-The Mist (2007)

Transferable MG's are a very good investment...be warned though, it's tough to stop at just one!

okay I did it.

I'm going to get the UZI... This whole trust thing is I think the route I'm going to go. I need to figure out how to do it. Anybody got any Ideas?

PS: I'm going to be selling a few guns I don't have pictures yet but the list will include a 4in Colt Python Blued, a S&W 610 10mm, G27, Possible an HK Tactical and or SIG Tactical, A Rock River AR PISTOL in 223 with a Crimison trace laser grip, yes YOU CAN legally carry this in VA. and some other stuff. Holsters maybe some battle packs of ammo etc....

If you have the cash to spend on a full auto, you should have the cash to spend on Quicken Willmaker. Just get that, install it and create a Revocable Living Trust. it is one of the many options. Then take that and get it notarized and/or witnessed depending on what you state laws are. Then just send in a copy of the declaration of trust(or something) that is notarized/witnessed with the correct forms and info just like you did with the cans.

I'm not a fan of full auto Uzi weapons. I'd rather have a M-2 grease gun or a Thompson. The rate of fire with an Uzi is too fast for my taste and a 30 round mag does not last long. Get ready to spend a bunch of money for ammo. There 1 full auto that I'd love to have and that is an American 180. .22 LR with a 177 round drum that looks like a cross between a Thompson and a vickers MG. Sounds like a chain saw when it shoots but the ammo is affordable.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

okay I did it.

I'm going to get the UZI... This whole trust thing is I think the route I'm going to go. I need to figure out how to do it. Anybody got any Ideas?

PS: I'm going to be selling a few guns I don't have pictures yet but the list will include a 4in Colt Python Blued, a S&W 610 10mm, G27, Possible an HK Tactical and or SIG Tactical, A Rock River AR PISTOL in 223 with a Crimison trace laser grip, yes YOU CAN legally carry this in VA. and some other stuff. Holsters maybe some battle packs of ammo etc....
    Check the attachment in pdf(declaration of trust) so you can see what it looks like. Basically this is an export (with all my personal stuff redacted) of the output from quicken willmaker. It looks like a lot, but you just put a bit of info into willmaker and it does the rest and autopopulates everything.

When you have everything notarized and ready to send in, make sure to send the "Certification of Trust" and not the "Declaration of Trust". The Cert basically says here's the name of the trust, the Grantor, and the Trustee, but doesn't dump the entire multipage trust into it. They(BATFE) really don't need to be seeing all your "administrators" or successors etc...

Check this long(multi-year) running thread over on ar15.com for examples:
    http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?...199942&page=22

This may help too. He explains the whole trust route and gives examples of his paperwork:
    http://www.arizonagunlist.com/How_to...O_signoff.html
    Attached Files

-The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    If you have the cash to spend on a full auto, you should have the cash to spend on Quicken Willmaker. Just get that, install it and create a Revocable Living Trust. it is one of the many options. Then take that and get it notarized and/or witnessed depending on what you state laws are. Then just send in a copy of the declaration of trust(or something) that is notarized/witnessed with the correct forms and info just like you did with the cans.
    Thats the thing my buddy is letting me do payments on it like a car payment everymonth. So to answer your question I "don't have the Cash just the credit with him. Hes a butter bar getting ready to go to the sandbox. He has had this for a while and never picked up it. The store which is a class III dealer says they wanted a bill of sale between him and I and then they would continue the form 4.

Packing...Sorry to like totally just keep asking you questions...I'm surprised your not charging me for services.

Would a lawyer have this program or know how to due this? My brother is a Lawyer (working for NY city) cough cough hopefully he is still 100% family. Plus I got some lawer friends at work I can ask.

I don't know why this is so hard for me to understand. To be honest I don't understand the relavance that this trust has towards purchasing a machine gun.
    I talked to the guy at loudon guns and he also recommended this route just so I didn't have to wait the xtra 4 weeks for the sheriff. Maybe I'm over analyzing the whole thing and just shut up and drive on.

Packing...Sorry to like totally just keep asking you questions...I'm surprised your not charging me for services.

Would a lawyer have this program or know how to due this? My brother is a Lawyer (working for NY city) cough cough hopefully he is still 100% family. Plus I got some lawer friends at work I can ask.

I don't know why this is so hard for me to understand. To be honest I don't understand the relavance that this trust has towards purchasing a machine gun.
    I talked to the guy at loudon guns and he also recommended this route just so I didn't have to wait the xtra 4 weeks for the sheriff. Maybe I'm over analyzing the whole thing and just shut up and drive on.
    Dunno about the lawyer questions. Might be a good idea to ask one though. I did my can this way and didn't have any issues, but I suppose it's better safe than sorry. I got my quicken willmaker copy from their website as a download for I think it was on sale for $20 or somewhere around there

-The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links