Mossberg 500 JIC series

This is a discussion on Mossberg 500 JIC series within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Excuse me if this is a duplicate post. I searched and found only one topic from back in March. I just came across the JIC ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 500 JIC series

Mossberg 500 JIC series

Excuse me if this is a duplicate post. I searched and found only one topic from back in March.

I just came across the JIC series for the Mossberg 500 tactical shotguns. Does any one has a review on this series. Also which would you choose? Mariner, cruiser, or sandstorm. I am not familiar with the different coating. I actually see this package cheaper than buying the guns alone.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...ction=products

2. Remove Ads

If you really are buying the JIC line, go with the Mariner. Otherwise, get at least the Desert, with the polymer over-coat for corrosion protection. Without a dessicating agent in the tube (I didn't see one mentioned) condensation will do bad things. I don't have one of these kits, so Mossy may have put something in the screw-on lid...

Quote Originally Posted by lopadrino79 View Post
    Excuse me if this is a duplicate post. I searched and found only one topic from back in March.

I just came across the JIC series for the Mossberg 500 tactical shotguns. Does any one has a review on this series. Also which would you choose? Mariner, cruiser, or sandstorm. I am not familiar with the different coating. I actually see this package cheaper than buying the guns alone.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...ction=products
    I almost bought one of these before I found my 870. I love the idea of them. Seems like the ultimate Sh*t just hit the fan kind of kit. I too would go with the mariner just for the durability of it. Plus, it comes with the knife and leatherman like tool which seems more usable than the little survival tool in a can or whatever it's called that comes with the cruiser.

So, when the zombies come you grab the family and your JIC kit and hit the road

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    If you really are buying the JIC line, go with the Mariner. Otherwise, get at least the Desert, with the polymer over-coat for corrosion protection. Without a dessicating agent in the tube (I didn't see one mentioned) condensation will do bad things. I don't have one of these kits, so Mossy may have put something in the screw-on lid...
    LOL

When I first saw the Desert camo one I died laughing........Its like Jumbo Shrimp...... Why do you need a desert camo shotgun that comes in airtight, water resistant floatable tube?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

HaHa I never even thought of that till now. That is pretty damn funny.

The desert camo one is strictly for the mall rangers.

I too would aim for the Mariner version as even though it's nickel plated on the exterior and stupid shiny/bling looking, at least it's as noted all weather ready and durable.
    Besides everybody knows that zombies can't swim and thus when they come it's boat owners and island livers who will be called upon to defend the human race against them and rust.

-
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

I too would aim for the Mariner version as even though it's nickel plated on the exterior and stupid shiny/bling looking, at least it's as noted all weather ready and durable.
    Besides everybody knows that zombies can't swim and thus when they come it's boat owners and island livers who will be called upon to defend the human race against them and rust.

-

-

Janq I dont' know if you got this yet. WHY do you need a kit that floats in the desert?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

My son and I were having this conversation recently...

How does it feel to shoot a 12 ga without a stock?
    I would think it would be a bear.

Your take?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post

Your take?
    Depends on the Load! and also depends on if you try and aim it. Bring a bag of ice. I would defenitly prefer a stock of some sort. But, for blowing door hinges off a door I think it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post

Your take?
    Not bad. Kinda hard to be accurate beyond 10 yards or so. My first "bought my own" was a 590, when I turned 18. I promptly put a pistol grip on it. Fun for tilling up the range, but that was about it.

Senior Moderator
    I believe that this are marketed more for non-shooters who wised up post-Katrinia and realize that they may need to defend themselves when civil society breaks down.

You could build your own with a top folding stock and PVC pipe.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Well the reason I was looking at it was because based on the prices at some places they seemed to be cheaper with the kit rather than alone. I am going to wait till the end of the month when the gun show comes and check them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Janq I dont' know if you got this yet. WHY do you need a kit that floats in the desert?
    Seriously?

Because if it seals tight enough to keep water out and float, then it's tight enough to be buried and keep dirt, sand, bugs, and rust inducing moisture and rain run off water as well.
    Bury the tube with shotgun, a pistol, ammo, basic emergency provisions, a knife, gloves, a saw, lighter & matches, compass, space blanket, credit card & cash, flashlight and folding shovel stowed inside in your backyard or under the doghouse or in my case in my basement coal bin (exposed dirt in the foundation concrete) and forget about it.

FFWD...Katrina and/or TEOTWAWKI hits and boom you have a security stash that won't likely be washed or blown away. Unlike a big honkin gun safe not likely to be broken into or stolen by looters or draw attention to you if and when the po-po/military/Blackwater shows up to enforce quasi Marshall law restrictions and run a gun grab.
    IMHO this product though on the surface silly and wacky looking is actually a very clever idea and a spin off what guerrillas , freedom fighters, survivalists, and forward thinking people in not so predictable zones around the world have been doing since the dawn of man.
    Burying bones to hide from competitors and predators for later recovery and use.

Again the Marine variant is the ticket as in the off chance the tubes seal doesn't take then you have some greater protection against rust inducing moisture.

- Janq works in marketing ;)
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Seriously?

Because if it seals tight enough to keep water out and float, then it's tight enough to be buried and keep dirt, sand, bugs, and rust inducing moisture and rain run off water as well.
    Bury the tube with shotgun, a pistol, ammo, basic emergency provisions, a knife, gloves, a saw, lighter & matches, compass, space blanket, credit card & cash, flashlight and folding shovel stowed inside in your backyard or under the doghouse or in my case in my basement coal bin (exposed dirt in the foundation concrete) and forget about it.

FFWD...Katrina and/or TEOTWAWKI hits and boom you have a security stash that won't likely be washed or blown away. Unlike a big honkin gun safe not likely to be broken into or stolen by looters or draw attention to you if and when the po-po/military/Blackwater shows up to enforce quasi Marshall law restrictions and run a gun grab.
    IMHO this product though on the surface silly and wacky looking is actually a very clever idea and a spin off what guerrillas , freedom fighters, survivalists, and forward thinking people in not so predictable zones around the world have been doing since the dawn of man.
    Burying bones to hide from competitors and predators for later recovery and use.

Again the Marine variant is the ticket as in the off chance the tubes seal doesn't take then you have some greater protection against rust inducing moisture.

- Janq works in marketing ;)

Janq it was a joke.

I was just saying Desert Camo in a floatable tube dosn't that kind of contridict one another but its okay. I totally agree with you .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links