AR-15...help me out.

This is a discussion on AR-15...help me out. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my Stag Arms Upper and Lower seperately, for 745.00...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-15...help me out.

I got my Stag Arms Upper and Lower seperately, for 745.00

"Islam is not your friend"

2. Remove Ads

Take a good hard look at Stag Arms, you can usually get the Sa2(flattop) for around 850ish. Or you can dance with the devil and apply for credit through Budsgunshop.com, 12 months no payments and no interest if approved.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Ok, next question. How hard are one of these things to build? I can strip and rebulid all the normal things, shotguns, some pistols and rifles. Anybody done one, for the first time and felt overwhelmed?
    God Bless America!!

Lead Moderator
    Easy to build , easiest is to get a complete upper & build the lower from parts. If you build the upper, it is more involved (installing barrel, ect. )
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

MY wifes nephew spent $3000 on a custom AR for hunting coyotes. He had nothing but trouble with it. When I was shopping for a more accrurate one to replace my Colt SP-1 I asked him what he would do. He said he would save $2000 and purchase a Bushmaster Varminiter. Of course if you want it for something in case the SHTF then you would probably want something a bit shorter but I really like my Varminiter. It will shot .285 of an inch at 100 yards.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

My build cost about a thousand bucks. If I had bought a comparable rifle from a shop I probably would have paid at least a couple hundred more.

I'd buy a stripped lower, lower parts kit, complete upper. Add a buttstock and you're in business.

I built mine. I bought a Noveske lower at a local show, ordered the rest of it online, built it, put a flip-up iron sight on it and it was ready. Altogether with the flip up sight, just under $900. I could have saved about $100 or so, but I built what I wanted.

$150-Noveske 5.56 lower
    $634-Rock River A4 Mid-Length flat-top upper w/2-stage match trigger lower parts kit and buttstock.
    $95-Arms-40 flip-up rear sight.

It is a shooter and it feels better when you know you built it yourself. Just an idea of what you can get.

SY

Bushmaster lower $300
    CMMG upper $535
    CTD iron sight $25

Or get the CMMG bargain gun. I'm getting one when I get the money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links