Santa brought me an EOTech 512 - Page 2

Santa brought me an EOTech 512

This is a discussion on Santa brought me an EOTech 512 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; GG&G makes this kick A$$ cover for the EOTechs. Works great! http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=58&parents=84,86...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santa brought me an EOTech 512

GG&G makes this kick A$$ cover for the EOTechs. Works great!http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=58&parents=84,86

You EO Tech look just like mine...in the same spot...enjoy. Sure is great for 'old eyes'...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Skygod - So, the Aimpoint 3x mag will be perfectly co-witnessed with the EOTech if the former is mounted in a LT649-30 and the latter is on an LT-110? Sounds like a nice set up, if it works that way... Thanks!
    Exactly !! If your using the LaRue ECOS-C 110 just make sure you get the "LOW" LT 649. Mounts directly to the LT 110 mount and is perfectly co witnessed. You can also run the "HIGH" magnifier mount if you want to still cowitness but not mount on the LT 110. I have both.

I would strongly suggest the LT PIVOT mount also. You can run that separate to the LT 110 mount but it will take up some additional room on the reciever especially if your running an Troy or other rear folding sight. It works though and co witnesses perfectly.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    I got to zero it today and at 50 yards it was perfect, first three rounds were 6 inches high and right. Next three rounds were 3 inches right and the 3rd 3 were all in the X ring along with the next 21 rounds. I was real proud of myself but at 100 I was high and to the right the target had no shoulder left.

I did not make a change because it was so on at 50 yards!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    I got to zero it today and at 50 yards it was perfect, first three rounds were 6 inches high and right. Next three rounds were 3 inches right and the 3rd 3 were all in the X ring along with the next 21 rounds. I was real proud of myself but at 100 I was high and to the right the target had no shoulder left.

I did not make a change because it was so on at 50 yards!
    Remember your EOtech is 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards. So that's 1/4 MOA at 50 yards and 1/8 MOA @ 25 yards.

I had students attempting to zero @ 25 meters and they couldn't figure why they couldn't get it to zero close in.

Just a reminder.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Remember your EOtech is 1/2 MOA @ 100 yards. So that's 1/4 MOA at 50 yards and 1/8 MOA @ 25 yards.

I had students attempting to zero @ 25 meters and they couldn't figure why they couldn't get it to zero close in.

Just a reminder.
    Well, technically, the MOA doesn't change with distance - Minute of Angle is, well, an angular measurement, so they are always 1/2 MOA clicks. That just means that it will move the POI 1/2 inch at 100 yds, 1/4 inch at 50, and 1/8 inch at 25.

I always zero it 25 mith mine anyway, because with the M4-length barrel and standard 62gr bullets the POI should be very close to the same at 25 and 250, with the entire flight path within those ranges never going out of the "bottle" of a man-sized target. You might want to try that, Timmy, just to see how it works for you. (Note that if you're dead on at 25, you'll be several inches high at 100.)

P.S. SkyGod - thanks for all that info; I know what I'll be buying before I head back over there!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links