New AR coming home in a couplea weeks :)

This is a discussion on New AR coming home in a couplea weeks :) within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just finished ordering an A3 M4 from CMMG. I had haerd a bunch of good things about their "Bargain Bin" specials and figured I'd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AR coming home in a couplea weeks :)

New AR coming home in a couplea weeks :)

I just finished ordering an A3 M4 from CMMG. I had haerd a bunch of good things about their "Bargain Bin" specials and figured I'd check them out. Lots of good info from AR15.com and others about those products and after checking out the site, I had to order one. This will be my first AR and I wanted to get in before a possible SHTF scenario come election time. Plus, with any threatening legislation coming down the pike later next year, I wanted one before any pricing started to get out of hand. I think I did ok for the $570 I paid for the complete gun!

This is the AR I bought but with a 16" barrel. It's not chrome lined, but for the price I figured what the hell. I can always purchase another upper later on if I want. I picked up a mag to go with it and all I'll need now is a BUIS and I'll be good to go. Havent decided which one I'm going to try out yet so I havent ordered one. I may just get the removable carry handle/sight setup first but I havent made up my mind yet. Pics when I finally get my hands on it.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

2. Remove Ads

BAC
    I've only heard good about the Bargain Bin guns, and if there's one guarantee you can make it's that CMMG will NOT sell you junk. I trust your order will turn out well.

-B

Get thee an EO Tech...and you'll be all set!

Congrats on a reasonable purchase...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice! A nice Red Dot on the flattop might be nice. A good carry handle might run you close to a hundred.

Troy and Midwest and A.R.M.S rear folding battle sights are the only ones that even suggest. Unless you like something that is "carry handle" type but not a "carry handle" then I'd suggest LMT's rear sight.

I have all of the above and have stuck with the Troy rear folding battle sight, but the Midwest is just as good and it's about $70 cheaper over at www.bravocompanyusa.com

Good Luck.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I too have heard great things about the Bargain Bin guns at CMMG.

My next AR upper will in all likely hood be a CMMG 14.5" Lightweight Mid-Length upper with permanent flash hider installed.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

I think I would be sceptical about buying out of the bargain bin...unless all you're looking for is "a trunk gun"

good luck though

Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    I think I would be sceptical about buying out of the bargain bin...unless all you're looking for is "a trunk gun"

good luck though

You could be right.... you could be wrong. I'll let you know once it comes in and I have a chance to go over it. The only defense I have for jumping on it is that I certainly have a champagne taste, but a beer budget right now. That being the case, I'll try and find the best beer I can afford!

I would have loved to double what I paid and gone hog wild on a ninja-tactical carbine for myself, but the kids gotta eat, and contrary to popular opinion on how much a firefighter makes for putting his ass on the line everyday, it aint much. :)
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    You could be right.... you could be wrong. I'll let you know once it comes in and I have a chance to go over it. The only defense I have for jumping on it is that I certainly have a champagne taste, but a beer budget right now. That being the case, I'll try and find the best beer I can afford!

I would have loved to double what I paid and gone hog wild on a ninja-tactical carbine for myself, but the kids gotta eat, and contrary to popular opinion on how much a firefighter makes for putting his ass on the line everyday, it aint much. :)
    I hear ya..I hope it works out well.
    I just don't buy used guns unless it's off of a friend. I love the idea of being able to buy a gun from a site like this but something keeps me from doing it. If I hear your experience is a good one thats great for me too because I get that much closer to sucking it up and giving it a shot. Trust me, I save money anywhere I can, I just don't want to sacrifice quality, reliability, etc. I could care less if their AR's are purdy or not.

Senior Moderator
    AS one poster noted above, CMMG is well known for their customer service. If I were looking for another AR, I would not hesitate to buy one from them.

gddyup - before you go shoot it, you'll want to strip it and apply some Break-Free (or the lube of your choice).

Since it probably won't come with a manual, here's a link to the Army's FM : http://www.ar15.com/content/manuals/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Moderator
    Oh, BTW, the Ceiner .22lr conversion kit is a very worthwhile (and relatively cheap) accessory for cheap practice.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

FWIW, my understanding of the Bargain Bin guns from CMMG is that they are generally test fired only (by the factory) and have a cosmetic blemish. I think they are a good deal for what you pay for them. Good job gddyup - now you've got to stock up on ammo and mags....

For sights I'd look at Troy, Midwest Industries, LaRue, and LMT. I'm in the market for optic/light myself, so I may get to be a guinea pig for you.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Austin

so these guns have only been test fired and have a blemish?
    basically, if they didn't have the blemish, they'd be regular price?
    there's no risk of them having internal issues?

now that I hear all the good reveiws, I'm interested!
    I'm just anal about the whole 'buyer beware' thing!
    sorry

Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    so these guns have only been test fired and have a blemish?
    basically, if they didn't have the blemish, they'd be regular price?
    there's no risk of them having internal issues?

now that I hear all the good reveiws, I'm interested!
    I'm just anal about the whole 'buyer beware' thing!
    sorry
    Here's a thread from ar15.com that helped me push the button on it. The rifles are different lower/upper combos that are supposedly only test fired but may have a scratch or something cosmetic on it that makes them forced to sell them as "used". I've only heard good things so far so I had to hedge my bets on it for the price.

Here's the linky if you'de like to check it out :

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=145&t=157147

Matt, thanks for that link to the manual. I just printed it out. I was browsing through AR15.com yesterday but hadn't come across that yet.
    Firefighter/EMT

kick ass...i think i might be next!

boy did i change my mind in 48 hours!

thanks for the link...i've never visited ar15.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links