Sent my Canted WASR-10 back to CA

This is a discussion on Sent my Canted WASR-10 back to CA within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like many people, I am the proud owner of a WASR-10 with a canted front sight/gas block. While the weapons shoots great, it's annoying to ...

Like many people, I am the proud owner of a WASR-10 with a canted front sight/gas block. While the weapons shoots great, it's annoying to have to correct for it, espically when shooting fast.

I called up Century and they told me to send it them (in VT). I'll update this thread as to how fast I get the rifle back and if they actually do a decent job fixing it.

Seeing as I'm going to be ordering the same gun tomorrow, I'm anxious to hear how that works out..!! How did you like yours otherwise? Decent accuracy? Mags fit ok? Feel like it was worth purchasing, once the sight is fixed?
    .40 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Griblik View Post
    Seeing as I'm going to be ordering the same gun tomorrow, I'm anxious to hear how that works out..!! How did you like yours otherwise? Decent accuracy? Mags fit ok? Feel like it was worth purchasing, once the sight is fixed?
    Negatives: canted sight (pretty common), risk of trigger slap (I lucked out), finish is rough and I think I managed to cut myself the first 3 or 4 times I shoot this rifle.

Postives: Accuracy was fine, 1000rounds and no malfunctions, great feel to (I had never shot an AK before), mags fit fine.

Overall, I feel in love with this rifle. For the price (I think I paid around $370) I think I got a great deal. I found myself reaching for this more than my BM AR. Hopefully, they will fix the cant though.

For the price, go for it.

Trigger slap is an easy fix: http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I managed to score one of the better WASR10s. Mine didn't have any canted parts, and it came with the TAPCO G2 trigger group, so no trigger slap for me. I trust my life to my GP WASR10. I can get 2-3" groups at 100 yards with it!

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I managed to score one of the better WASR10s. Mine didn't have any canted parts, and it came with the TAPCO G2 trigger group, so no trigger slap for me. I trust my life to my GP WASR10. I can get 2-3" groups at 100 yards with it!

I plan to pick up one of these in a month. I will get to touch-n-feel first with a local purchase to avoid the canted sights.

Good choice
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Rifle came back from CA today, cant appears to be fixed. Door to door time was about 2.5 weeks. No charge for the repair and they paid the return shipping.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I've never seen a wasr that didn't come canted. At least they fixed it.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Links