Help with Optics for a Bushmaster M4 A3 - Page 2

Help with Optics for a Bushmaster M4 A3

This is a discussion on Help with Optics for a Bushmaster M4 A3 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've seen some funky stuff but I've never seen that. I've seen at least two soldiers that where running an ACOG and an EOtech. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Optics for a Bushmaster M4 A3

I've seen some funky stuff but I've never seen that.

I've seen at least two soldiers that where running an ACOG and an EOtech. The EOtech was on the barrel with a 45 degree mount.

Talk about your funky set ups.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

VIP Member
    If you decide that carry handle is the way to go...or if you have a fixed carry handle - a low power ACOG on it's integral "see-through" mount is a very good option.
    Attached Images
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

On one of my ARs I have a Tasco 2 X 6 power scope mounted on it. The scope comes with an illuminated reticle which turns red when the reticle illumination is on. The nice thing about this set-up is that I can use it day or night and I can use it kind of like a red dot. At close range I use it on a low power setting like 2X, 3X or 4X. If I need a little bit of accuracy at intermediate distance or farther out, I go up to 4X, 5X or even to 6X. This is a pretty neat system and the scope is nowhere near as expensive as an EOTech or Acog. The system works good for me.
    Imagine that you're an enemy soldier and you are surrounded by U.S. Army paratroopers on one side and American marines on the other side... Talk about a hopeless situation... That has got to be legal grounds for suicide!

Quote Originally Posted by 77bob View Post
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm taking the handle off, going with an EOTech/LaRue system with a BUIS. Now to start saving for it. :)
    Personally would rec' that purchase the LaRue Tactical "Cantilever" mount I believe it's the LT162 you'll find on the mounts page at LaRue Tactical

The "Cantilever" will push it forward for a bit of eye relief, even the Aimpoin is zero paralaxx some people like it in the reciver but the fron of the optic just over the barrel for faster target ACQ.

Their "Combo" packages for the Aimpoint and the mounts are about a hundred bucks cheaper than purchasing the optic somewhere else and then purchasing the mount from only LaRue.

Good stuff and those people down there in Texas are dedicated to the consumer more than any other company I've experienced.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

I have an Ultra Dot electronic I bought in a pawn shop at least 12 years ago and another on a practice pistol older than that. Never a hint of batt failure. Now my Noght Force 2.5-10X was left on by accident for about 18 months with it's illum. reticle, and now I need to use the spare batt that has been there for at least a few weeks after they introduced the Night Force product. (More than 10 Years ago).
    I don't plan to begin worrying about my Eotech, lets see, I'm 59....well maybe NEVER! I never had a problem with my Aimpoint either. More abuse than use though on a .44 mag. revolver.
    I removed the carry handle on my M-4, installed BUIS that co-witness Eotech, which I would like to install on La Rue or A.R.M.S. QD systems like the Sure Fire.
    I would listen to the men that do this for a livin...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links