Bushnell Trophy T-Dot

This is a discussion on Bushnell Trophy T-Dot within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone seen one of these in person or possibly shot with one? Looks like an acog knock off, so I am curious if they ...

Thread: Bushnell Trophy T-Dot

Bushnell Trophy T-Dot

Has anyone seen one of these in person or possibly shot with one? Looks like an acog knock off, so I am curious if they are a decent scope.

Bushnell Outdoor Products

I am also curious to hear from anyone that has used the Burris XTS 135 speed dot. Looks a lot like an aimpoint and has a 3 moa dot for a little over $200

Burris XTS 135 SpeedDot
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

2. Remove Ads

I've never had any experience with the Bushnell that you are referring to but I have with their other scopes. I wasn't really impressed with them. For the typical riflecope I prefer the Leupold VX-III series. I've flown around for hunting trips and my rifles have always been dead on when I go to camp. I do have a regular Burris 135 on my Ruger Super Redhawk and have taken a couple of whitetails around here with it. It has handled the recoil of the .44 Mag Buffalo Bore ammo just fine and hasn't given me any problems. If you can spend the money go for an Aimpoint ML series. I sucked it up a couple of years ago and put one on my AR and it's really well built. That old saying that goes, "You get what you pay for" sure does stand true when you are talking about glass (scopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, camera lenses). Buy the absolute best you can afford and you'll enjoy it for a lifetime.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Well the Bushnell kind of looks like an ACOG knock off, obviously cosmetics are about the only thing they borrowed, because the reticle is nothing like an ACOG, and it runs on batteries instead of tritium.

As with pretty much all optics you get what you pay for, and ACOG is in my book pretty much tops in the RCO area.

I have a Bushnell scope on my Marlin .30-30 and it does fine for that, although there are definately higher quality brands out there.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links