UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics! - Page 2

UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics!

This is a discussion on UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At this point, all I've got planned is a Magpul winter trigger guard ('cause I want to be able to shoot in the winter time ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics!

At this point, all I've got planned is a Magpul winter trigger guard ('cause I want to be able to shoot in the winter time with gloves on) and the Magpul grip because the stock one isn't as comfortable.

should look like this when I'm done.

Well my rifle came in Friday. Its beautiful, looks brand new and perfect inside and out with one minor flaw, the buttstock was slightly damaged in shipping (but I plan on replacing it with a Magpul anyway).

Mine is built on a DPMS lower ... anyone know who makes these uppers (I assume these are CMMG)?

Last AR I owned had a JP trigger ... this stock trigger is going to have to go :p

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Well my rifle came in Friday. Its beautiful, looks brand new and perfect inside and out with one minor flaw, the buttstock was slightly damaged in shipping (but I plan on replacing it with a Magpul anyway).

Mine is built on a DPMS lower ... anyone know who makes these uppers (I assume these are CMMG)?

Last AR I owned had a JP trigger ... this stock trigger is going to have to go :p

Zund... no idea who makes the upper, but I have been told it is not a CMMG unit. PICS!!!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

have u gotten that bad boy to the range yet? i'm curious about a range report since i just ordered one of the bargain bin chrome lined ones ...

I thought STAG provided a lot of uppers (and lowers?) before they started (or while) they had their own line of M4gerys..
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I meant to finally get it to the range this weekend, but ended up doing some things around the house that needed to get done.

I expect I'll get to the range this coming weekend ... I'll post a review and hopefully some pics then.

Looking for update

Looks like a good deal on these guns. Any additional Comments or has anyone else ordered one yet. Looking at them hard.

So many guns , So little money
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

These are fine rifles. I bought an 18" SPR. It looks new and runs fine. I shot it again today. It's a DPMS lower.
    Mine was $570 +$24 shipping.
    Dave

Can't beat the price. bushmaster would be the next best thing for another $200 or so
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

how long does it take to get to FFl usually . I live in Va. Also great price on their mags with green followers. $9.95
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Quote Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
    how long does it take to get to FFl usually . I live in Va. Also great price on their mags with green followers. $9.95
    they say it can take up to about 2 weeks before it ships, and they don't want you to e-mail them bugging them about it until 14 days after your order or something like that. i'll consider it a minor inconvenience if mine shows up as nice as the vast majority of what i've seen around the 'net.

Mine took about two weeks from the time I ordered until it showed up at my FFL.

Ok, so finally I got to shoot it today.

I put a couple hundred rounds of some real smelly Remington UMC 55gr Walmart ammo through it (real strong ammonia smell) with zero failures and other than the crappy trigger it shot real well (I say the trigger was crappy because I got spoiled by a JP trigger on my last AR ... its just got your typical milspec type trigger). Next "must do" upgrade is the trigger, either another JP or one of those cool Timney drop ins :)

By the way, all I did is wipe down the outside of the rifle, I didn't clean it before shooting, nor did I lube it (I kinda wanted a "worse case" testing of the rifle). Its pretty dirty now ;)

Here's a pic.

Note that it did NOT come with the Magpul MIAD grip, winter trigger guard or ATN Digital red dot.

On a side note, I'd never want to have to butt stroke someone with a CAR stock ... they're a bit too fragile (like I said before, the stock was damaged in shipping. I haven't talked to the folk at CMMG about it, but plan on replacing it so I don't think its worth the hassle)
    [click here to see the damage]

The target is the first full magazine after I got the red dot sighted in ... I was stuck on the 25yd range today so I don't know if I'd be able to do as well on the 100yd range (especially with the stock trigger). The red circle is 2.5".

damaged in shipping...

how was it packed?

Wrapped in bubble wrap and buried in styrofoam peanuts stuffed in a cardboard box ... the end of the box was clearly smashed as though it were dropped on its end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links