UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics!

This is a discussion on UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok guys. I posted about a aweek ago about buying a bargain bin AR from CMMG. It arrived at my FFL today and I brought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics!

UPDATE: CMMG Bargain Bin M4... pics!

Ok guys. I posted about a aweek ago about buying a bargain bin AR from CMMG. It arrived at my FFL today and I brought it home this afternoon. I havent had a chance to fire it yet, that will come within the week so range report will be coming at some point next week if everything goes well.

I bought the $570 hand select A3 M4 from CMMG. It is a 16" carbine with standard handguards, a 4 position adjustable stock, "F" labeled front sight, T labeled upper rail, CMMG lower, unknown at this time upper, and the upper is not chrome lined. I haven't field stripped it yet, I plan on doing that sometime tomorrow so I can't give more detail right now....of course, I'm new to these horrible black rifles anyways so I won't know what I'm looking at until I look it all up after stripping it down!

These are listed as "used" with internal [arts being new but having cosmetic defects which put them in the "used" catagory. These ARs are test fired only after being built and then sold as-is. Myself and my FFL looked it over and there isn't a single scratch, ding, or otherwise "cosmetic defect" we can find on the entire rifle! This thing is pretty much flawless and as close to as-new condition I have ever seen on a "used" firearm. Without getting lead through it, so far I am more than impressed by the quality I have picked up for the money invested.

Without further ado, here is some AR15 pron for your viewing pleasure. Any weird coloring is not the coloring on the gun itself, it's partly the flash and lighting I took the pics under and the fact that the entire firearm is still heavy with oil from shipping.

Edit : Sorry aboutt he delay in pics. I had to relocate them to my domain account so that I could link them.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

2. Remove Ads

Pics no workie

This thread is useless without pics!

CMMG is about 20 miles from where I just moved to; they are some good people. I just came back from the first night of a gun show, the barrel rifles were priced $650 so you got a deal there.

I was looking at a .50 muzzle loader they had made, used a 5.56 case with a 209 primer for ignition, petty wild use your AR for deer hunting during muzzle loader season.

They also had some AR-10s, 6.8s had several FN five sevens and I forget the model # but the FN in 5.56. Looks like I might have to put them on the automatic payment plan just sent them a couple hundred every payday.

The pics work for me... Looks nice! Have you figured out why it was a "Bargain Bin" gun yet? Looks like you got a good deal.

Austin

I see 'em now! Hey there! I like that barrel profile BTW! From all outward appearances--looks like you got yourself a quality AR there. I couldn't speculate on the internals though. I'm almost as excited as you are if you can believe that. Now all you gotta do is shoot that baby! Nothing like the suspense and anticipation of getting that new rifle to the range! Looking at it, starring at it, handling it, manipulating it, wiping every fingerprint off it, oiling it, caressing it, smelling it, scrutinizing it for every detail, loving it because it's yours. You know what a feeling like that can do---don't you? Hope your wife or GF is willing to take a back seat for a while! LOL Most of you know what I'm talking about even if you don't want to admit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I see 'em now! Hey there! I like that barrel profile BTW! From all outward appearances--looks like you got yourself a quality AR there. I couldn't speculate on the internals though. I'm almost as excited as you are if you can believe that. Now all you gotta do is shoot that baby! Nothing like the suspense and anticipation of getting that new rifle to the range! Looking at it, starring at it, handling it, manipulating it, wiping every fingerprint off it, oiling it, caressing it, smelling it, scrutinizing it for every detail, loving it because it's yours. You know what a feeling like that can do---don't you? Hope your wife or GF is willing to take a back seat for a while! LOL Most of you know what I'm talking about even if you don't want to admit it!
    I like your style Ram Rod! The wifey is ok with it. So far, she likes it more than the Mossy 500 because the M4 is lighter. I'll get here on the range with it in short time. I only have about 150 rounds for it right now but I'll be gettin some more sometime this week... :)

Aus.. it's listed as "bargain bin" because the upper and lower are different and CMMG puts them together from extras and then typically selss them at gun shows. Some may have a small scratch or blemish somewhere that puts them as being rated "used". Other than a possible cosmetic blemish, they are new and only test fired.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lead Moderator
    Very nice rifle . Let us know how it runs for you. Enjoy owning an AR.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    That is a piece of garbage! Let me take it out of your hands for $20 and a box of Saltines

Looks great! Enjoy it!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I have my Kahr up for sale ... as soon as its gone I'm hitting that bargain bin for a little M4 goodness myself.

Planned to all along, but after seeing your rifle I'm real excited now :)
    Last edited by Zundfolge; January 12th, 2008 at 01:40 PM.

very nice. im thinking about one of their KISS carbines myself.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

nice rifle but she looks naked. it is now time to buy accessories for her!
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Looks very nice for a $550 AR.
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

Well I just ordered mine ... I'll post pics when I get it. :D

I've already got one of these laying around to mount on it.

what else do you plan on putting on it?

looks great btw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links