LWRC SRT range report

This is a discussion on LWRC SRT range report within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The wife and I took my rifles out this morning. I needed to to sight in my AR and finish sighting in my Weatherby. I ...

Thread: LWRC SRT range report

LWRC SRT range report

The wife and I took my rifles out this morning. I needed to to sight in my AR and finish sighting in my Weatherby. I only put 16 rounds through the 30.06 before it wasn't that much fun for my shoulder anymore. I sighted in the Weatherby at 100yards.
    Between the wife and I, we only put 20 rounds of Remington .223 through the LWRC. That was all the time I had. The LWRC is absolutley amazing. I still need to mess with the FSP before my next trip. I should've taken a pic of my targets but I forgot. :( But believe me, the LWRC, with open sights at 25 yards, was dead accurate. The next time I go I'll finish sighting it in at 50yards.

Here's me coming back from setting up the target.

I love this rifle! Way more accurate than I am.

This was the REAL fun.

My wife tearing it up...(I made her sign a liability form in case she messed it up;))

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Awesome. Just so happens I've been drooling over the SRT for close to a year now. How does it shoot? How did you get it? I can't find one in a shop anywhere near me, and the LWRC site says there's a 14 week delay, minimum.

Please, provide more info! If you don't want to post here, please PM me!

And yes, I'm jealous as all hell. Very nice rifle!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by lacrosse50 View Post
    Awesome. Just so happens I've been drooling over the SRT for close to a year now. How does it shoot? How did you get it? I can't find one in a shop anywhere near me, and the LWRC site says there's a 14 week delay, minimum.

Please, provide more info! If you don't want to post here, please PM me!

And yes, I'm jealous as all hell. Very nice rifle!
    It shoots like a dream! Very accurate. I waited exactly 4 months for it. I ordered it from a local gun shop/range.
    The only thing I didn't care for was just a bit of play between the upper and lower. I'm slightly OCD and so that bothered me a little. I bought an accuwedge for it for $3 and now everything is right and tight.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Like I said, very nice! I've almost saved up enough, now it's just a matter of finding a point of sale. Thanks for the information.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

No sweat.

What's the cost on one of those? I know what the LWRC site says, but what do they actually cost?

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Sounds like a good day at the range. It's nice to have a wife that likes to shoot. My wife owned 6 guns when I married her and we've only gone up from there. Here are a couple of picks of our Bushmaster Varminter and the groups I can get at 100 yards with my hand loads. Aside from how accurate the barrel is it's nice to have a nice trigger in an AR platform.
    I just got my wife a new rifle that she has been asking me to get her for quite some time. A Shiloh Sharps in 45/70 and this week we'll be trying it out. I need to make some steel swingers for some satisfying gongs at 300 or more yards with the peep sights. With my eyes I didn't think I'd be able to still shoot with peep sights but I can choose the size of hole with these and I think they are going to work great. The only guns I've used peep sights at that range and over are my fathers M1 Garand and my M1A. Keep her close she sounds like a keeper. I know mine is.

Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Quote Originally Posted by agentmel View Post
    What's the cost on one of those? I know what the LWRC site says, but what do they actually cost?

Mel
    The rifle itself, without irons, was ~$2200.

BTW, nice rifles ridurall.

If I am not mistaken... the wifey appears to be flipping us off in that picture! Well I never!

Nope...I don't think she's flying the bird...looks like she's resting the trigger finger in the "Safe" position while she checks to make sure the mag is fully seated. Either that....or she's making sure we notice the new rifle....very nice!!

Wayne

Links