Blue Sky M1 Garand

This is a discussion on Blue Sky M1 Garand within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, it has been a while since I have posted. I'll try to do better and stop by more often. I have posted on ...

Thread: Blue Sky M1 Garand

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Blue Sky M1 Garand

Hey guys, it has been a while since I have posted. I'll try to do better and stop by more often.

I have posted on here before about really wanting to get an M1 Garand. Well, it looks like the oportunity may have arrived. I have a fellow in my hometown that wants to trade his M1 to me. I have seen pics of it and it looks pretty good. It is a Springfield model and the serial numbers place it being built in April of 1944. With all of that being said it is a Blue Sky import from Korea. These were rifles that loaned to South Koreans after we were finished with them. I have heard that some of these were in bad shape and that you should stay away. However other people on other forums have commented that they were really pleased with there theirs. I am not really concerned about the "collector" aspect right now....I just want a decent looking shooter. So what do you guys think, I really want this rifle!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I've got one. About the only negative about the Blue Skys from Korea is that the original barrels on them have been cleaned to death.

Mine needs replacing. Accuracy is just so-so and could be much better. Mine is a 43 Springfield.

I'd say to go for it. Someday the M1s will be hard to get and they sure arent getting any cheaper.

The good thing is that most of them have all correct replacement parts.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links