Got some PMAGs

Got some PMAGs

This is a discussion on Got some PMAGs within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got 10 PMAGs in the mail today - they are quite nice. It doesn't matter where you push on the follower, it goes ...

Thread: Got some PMAGs

Got some PMAGs

I just got 10 PMAGs in the mail today - they are quite nice. It doesn't matter where you push on the follower, it goes straight down. They are sturdy too. I don't know what kind of chemical it would take to dissolve whatever they're made out of, but I think I should probably find out so I can avoid that. Other than that, I think they're perfect. I loaded 8 with .223 TAP 75 for HD - the other two will be for the range. Next month I'll get 10 more in another color for some 5.56....

I liked LaRue's prices best from what I could find - I know you can probably get a better deal shopping around and with a mil/LEO discount, but I paid regular price for mine and have no regrets.

Bragging done for now.

Austin
    Attached Images

I like 'em also, they are built tough and feed great. The only negative stuff I've heard about them are that they won't drop free, however all of mine do.
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    We had issues with them not seating correctly in a S&W MP-15. They work fine in all of the Colt guns though.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Mine is a Noveske - they seat easy and drop free for me. This lot was made in 11/07 - IIRC it was some of the initial run that had a few problems...I think they were replacing bodies for those.

Austin

VIP Member
    I don't have any for my AR's, but I plan on getting some using Brownell's SHOT Show discount....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    I just got 10 PMAGs in the mail today - they are quite nice. It doesn't matter where you push on the follower, it goes straight down. They are sturdy too. I don't know what kind of chemical it would take to dissolve whatever they're made out of, but I think I should probably find out so I can avoid that. Other than that, I think they're perfect. I loaded 8 with .223 TAP 75 for HD - the other two will be for the range. Next month I'll get 10 more in another color for some 5.56....

I liked LaRue's prices best from what I could find - I know you can probably get a better deal shopping around and with a mil/LEO discount, but I paid regular price for mine and have no regrets.

Bragging done for now.

Austin
    I love PMAG's and believe that they are one of the best (if not the best) mag on the market.

Just as an FYI, we sell the non-windowed PMAGS for $13.50 apiece and windowed PMAG for $16.50 apiece in QTY's of 10 or more.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Magpul 30 rd Maglevel Polymer Magazine
    Magpul 30 rd Standard Polymer Magazine

What is the difference between these two?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
    Magpul 30 rd Maglevel Polymer Magazine
    Magpul 30 rd Standard Polymer Magazine

What is the difference between these two?
    IIRC, one has the nifty little window that lets you see how many rounds are in the mag, and the others don't.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Grant,

I posted a while ago about PMAG issues with a S&W MP15T. The problem was determined to be an out of spec mag catch. Once replaced, the PMAGs worked fine.

Just an FYI. No thread hijack intended.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Good to know Grant - when its time to get the other colors I'll be sending some (more) business your way.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    IIRC, one has the nifty little window that lets you see how many rounds are in the mag, and the others don't.

Matt
    Thanks.

There is a video floating around, probably on You Tube or whatever it's called, where some guys took a variety of AR magazines and drove a pickup over them. Sorry that I don't have a link to it, but it is very impressive to see a truck spin out on top of a PMAG and then they load it up and it functions fine.
    Sure impressed me, I plan on getting some of them.

Yeah the window lets you see rounds - in the pictures I posted I've got 25 rounds in them - with 30 the little window is mostly covered in brass. There's paint on the spring to show the round count after you lose sight of the brass - if its halfway up the window, your mag is half full. Pretty simple. The video is easy to find on youtube - just type in Magpul PMAG - here's a couple: YouTube - Magpul Window PMag truck test and YouTube - Magpul Maglevel Window Magazine test

I didn't need a truck video to convince me - I've seen far too many crappy aluminum mags to trust them. You do a belly flop with a bunch of gear on and those things get abused hard. Feed lips get bent - you're screwed IME

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledrager View Post
    Grant,

I posted a while ago about PMAG issues with a S&W MP15T. The problem was determined to be an out of spec mag catch. Once replaced, the PMAGs worked fine.

Just an FYI. No thread hijack intended.

Roger and thanks for the follow up.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Good to know Grant - when its time to get the other colors I'll be sending some (more) business your way.

Austin

Let us know if we can help with anything.

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com

Sponsored Links