My home defense gets a little addition

This is a discussion on My home defense gets a little addition within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went by The Gun Store today (that's the store name, "The Gun Store:), just to look around. Now, while I prefer other ranges, I buy ...

Thread: My home defense gets a little addition

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Went by The Gun Store today (that's the store name, "The Gun Store:), just to look around. Now, while I prefer other ranges, I buy all of my guns here, as they have pretty good prices, and good service). I've wanted to upgrade my shotguns, and get one with a pistol grip, since it's shorter and easier to use moving through the house. They had a nice Remington 870. pistol grip with a magazine extension, so I went ahead and got it. I added a grip for the front, and they were nice enough to install it for me (I'm all thumbs with anything other than a scalpel and sutures, so I I greatly appreciate their help.). It's a nice addition to my home defence arsenal (which consists of a Beretta 92FS, Glock 19, Glock 26, Springfield Armory XD 45, a Winchester 1300 shotgun, and a Bushmaster AR 15). There are still other things that I want to add. I'll never have too many guns, just too little storage room.

Congrats on the 870. I went to their range once on a weekend and thought I was in a Godzilla movie, never again. Discount Firearms or Desert Sportsman for me.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Nice! Theres a place called Dance's that I get my firearms through, AWSOME prices,service,..I even took my CHL class there,and they have a cafe.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    Congrats on the 870. I went to their range once on a weekend and thought I was in a Godzilla movie, never again. Discount Firearms or Desert Sportsman for me.
    Discount firearms has a nice range, but nothing discount about it. I usually go the American Shooters supply for an indoor range. I only use The Gun Store's range for qualifying for my CCW (free when you buy the gun there), as the range is a real dump. However, the store has gotten quite nice. They acquired the store that was next to them, and they've separated the range from the retail store. It looks much better, and not the cramped mess that it was before. Also, since the range is separate, you don't have to shove your way past tourists wanting to shoot a machine gun when you want to look at hand guns. All I can say about them as a store is that I have always been treated well, and they've given me good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Nice! Theres a place called Dance's that I get my firearms through, AWSOME prices,service,..I even took my CHL class there,and they have a cafe.
    Do they have a range? I do visit Richmond, as it's my home town (I spent my first 39 years there, until I moved to Vegas, and I'm a life member of Lakeside Volunteer Rescue Squad, having been an active member for 22 years). I usually take my guns, and would like to find a decent range there. Last visit, I ended up shooting at a place off of Midlothian Turnpike, that was cold as the devil.

Distinguished Member
    No they don't have a range . There are only 2 indoor ranges around here , you know one , the other is not far from Dance's . It is just as cold .

Sponsored Links