Hk 416

This is a discussion on Hk 416 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My part time job Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA got two dealer samples HK 416'S f/a AND ONE HK MP5 SD, for rent. These ...

Thread: Hk 416

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Hk 416

My part time job Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA got two dealer samples HK 416'S f/a AND ONE HK MP5 SD, for rent. These are pretty nifty.

Sorry just had to Brag
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Supposedly the HK AR variants will be available for civilian sale some time in the future, any word on that?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Supposedly the HK AR variants will be available for civilian sale some time in the future, any word on that?
    Thats the stoop poop but I'm not sure.

LWRC tests there rifles at our shop. and in all honestly after sshooting both the HK 416 and shooting the LWRC IAR (Infantry Automatic Rifle), If I had my pick. LWRC hands down.

The HK we have gets just as dirty as any AR Rifle I've seen, the LWRC really stays clean. And if the HK's are really 2000 plus dollars, I've heard in the upwards of 3-4000 as well. A LWRC is half the price!.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

JD
    Administrator
    Without calling LWRC, I have no idea what their pricing is as they don't have it listed. But from what I've seen on pricing from GunsAmerica and Gunbroker, I think I'd rather have a Noveske.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Without calling LWRC, I have no idea what their pricing is as they don't have it listed. But from what I've seen on pricing from GunsAmerica and Gunbroker, I think I'd rather have a Noveske.
    Haven't played witht he noveske seen them. But haven't played with them. One of the guys from LWRC had a rifle he was torture testing using that really crappy wolf. He had put 3000 rounds through No cleaning, and the bolt carrier still looked very very clean.

LWRC Rifles IIRC MSRP starts around 1,800 I think if you just want one of their uppers they are 1300-1500. They go up from there.

I will contact our HK rep and see if he has any word on when the 416 will be available to the public and what the pricing will be.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I will contact our HK rep and see if he has any word on when the 416 will be available to the public and what the pricing will be.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I've heard that the MP5SD is one of the quietest guns on the market because of the integral silencer. Is this true in reality?

It is amazing how quiet it is. The sergeant with me told me to stop being a wimp and take off my ear muffs and try it. Boy was it quiet! All I heard was just the bolt and the shell ejecting. Just be careful where you position your hand... the integral suppressor makes grabbing the *extremely hot* barrel very easy (atleast it made it easy enough for me to do it by accident, once)

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    It sounds sweet. I've also heard they're accurate and have nice tight little groupings.

Wow. I think I saw an HK 416 for like 5 or 6 grand somewhere....not interested! That's a little out of my price range. The LWRC IAR isn't on their site IIRC - but all their other guns are in the online store they've got. About $2500 for the DMR - $1500 for the base model (M6). The M6A2 is in the middle at $2100 - but when I was looking you could get one on Gunbroker for about $1850.

I bet the IAR isn't on there since its select fire....maybe call them if you've got all your papers in order. Everything is at least 14 weeks backordered...

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I've heard that the MP5SD is one of the quietest guns on the market because of the integral silencer. Is this true in reality?
    It was VERY quiet. Having not shot a lot of suppressed sub guns could not speak intelligently on the topic. However, I will say this its very accurate and controlable on FULL

I can attest to how clean LWRC firearms run compared to direct impingement guns.

I did a documented cleaning review after my first range experiences here

First Experiences with LWRC - A Discussion on Gas Piston Uppers

and a chamber comparison of a DI gun vs. my LWRC M6 here:

Some cry foul - Gas Piston vs Direct Impingement chamber results

My upper cost me $1400.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    My part time job Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA got two dealer samples HK 416'S f/a AND ONE HK MP5 SD, for rent. These are pretty nifty.

Sorry just had to Brag
    I have a recently aquired MP5SD in my trunk vault and had it strapped across my chest for about 7 hrs today.... Not wanting to brag, 'cause I dont want to even look at the thing for a few days.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Yes, if your not comparing it to a .22Lr suppressed handgun.

I owned one personally with the Navy Trigger Group lower, as well having trained on them in the military. The Cadilac of sub guns, easily controllable, low recoil, and 800 round per minute cyclic rate.

I sold/transferred mine to a class III dealer who has it listed on Subguns and Sturmgewehr.

The H&K 416:

In no hurry to get one, it will be over priced, and my current AR's are perfectly reliable and run without failure. I don't need a piston operation for my needs, as I suspect most here would also fall into the similar needs category.

LWRC IAR:

Not going to be available to ordinary citizens. It's a select fire weapon and it's manufactured after 1986 (Federal law date) No need to even think of it, unless your currently serving with the United States military, but it looks like the SCAR is a done deal anyway.

I do like the M6A2 as a semi auto AR platform, but it also has nothing that my current rifles can't do, assuming I'm not diving into the local river, crawling through mud, rappelling out of helo's, etc.

Their nice, but I'm not fascinated with either.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Links