AK prices - Page 2

AK prices

This is a discussion on AK prices within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy Are you a dealer, and telling me it's for sale? Or are you just showing pics of your new baby? Either ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AK prices

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Are you a dealer, and telling me it's for sale? Or are you just showing pics of your new baby? Either way I want to get one before the Democraps get elected!
    Yes, I am a FFL Dealer and it's for sale.
    I agree you better get it before the dems start to melt them.
    Let me know if your interested!
    Thanks,
    MC
    Shoot Safe!
    Shoot Straight!
    www.mcsportingarms.com
    Kansas Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor.

Romanian as in WASR?

I really like my Nornico MAK-90's, I've got 2 of them. They are stamped receivers, but are thicker than Euro AK's. (1.5mm vs 1mm) I've been told that Finland Special Forces selected Norinco type 56's as their choice for an AK weapon, which is the same as a MAK-90 except for the thumbhole stock on the MAK and the select-fire parts, of course.

They run about $400-$500 now, I think. I picked up my first for $179 (!) before the clinton gun ban, and just last year gave $350 for my second one. Never a hiccup out of either one of them, typical AK reliability. A lot of people don't like the thumbhole stock, but I kinda like it.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

VIP Member
    Or you can come to Miami and buy one for $100 according to the Miami Dade PD Spoke-Idiot.

A WASR 10 still can be found for $350-370 in gunbroker.com or at your local shop (plus all the paperwork costs). The trick is to know which one you get. WASRs got a bad rep after a batch of the AWB-legal rifles were crudely modified to make them more palatable to those customers who wanted a regular AKlon. AWB WASRs could only shoot single stack 10 round magazines and did not have the standard slanted muzzle brake. Some people did a hatchet job to return the rifles to a pre-ban configuration and lots had problems.
    Besides that, WASRS are not finished as "purty" as other nationalities but I have yet to see a normal WASR that was not as accurate as a Chinese or a Bulgarian. And AK ain't supposed to be pretty Safe Queens but real working rifles. They not benchrest boomsticks.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Romanian as in WASR?
    Yes, made by Century Arms with a brand new receiver and 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro 40 View Post
    I really like my Nornico MAK-90's, I've got 2 of them. They are stamped receivers, but are thicker than Euro AK's. (1.5mm vs 1mm) I've been told that Finland Special Forces selected Norinco type 56's as their choice for an AK weapon, which is the same as a MAK-90 except for the thumbhole stock on the MAK and the select-fire parts, of course.

They run about $400-$500 now, I think. I picked up my first for $179 (!) before the clinton gun ban, and just last year gave $350 for my second one. Never a hiccup out of either one of them, typical AK reliability. A lot of people don't like the thumbhole stock, but I kinda like it.
    Which clinton ban the '96 or the '09 I hope it don't happend again!
    Vote 2A
    Shoot Safe!
    Shoot Straight!
    www.mcsportingarms.com
    Kansas Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor.

Try this site. Scroll down and see the WASR special. I have bought many guns from him and Gary is a standup guy.

Home
    Life is too short to be serious!

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another place to look. Classic Arms Inc. They have the basic hi-cap rifle minus the oil bottle and bayonet for $300. You can pick other parts in the future. If you gonna get a WASR, get it for less instead of paying too much, It is a basic AK rifle. These are good people to deal with.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Nothing will get cheaper when it comes to guns, so buy a good one.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

So the Rom-Ak that is 329.95 from Classic Arms any good as far as reliability goes. I do not much care for extras as long as it holds 30 rounds and fires every time. I want an AK so bad before they ban them. Please if anyone can provide some insight. Are they as accurate as their costlier counterparts. I know the Ak's are not as accurate as the Ar's but I don't plan to shoot any more than 100 yards.
    Smith and Wesson SW40VE -SOLD
    XD9 4'' -Current
    Kimber Ultra Carry II- coming

The thing to watch for on WASRs is a canted front-sight-base or gas-block. If it doesn't have those problems, it should be just fine.

you might call them and see if they'll do a "hand select" type thing to make sure you get a good one.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

try out this link ATC, whats a crackberry?

The AK site. Kalashnikov Home Page
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    try out this link ATC, whats a crackberry?
    I think a 'crackberry' is a Blackberry cell phone that has internet / email. It's a nickname because people who own them are using them constantly -- as if they are addicted.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    You might try a gunshow if you want to buy one. There are litterally tables upon tables set up for your AK viewing pleasure, plus its a good chance to see what some crappy ones look like vs some quality AK's.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

hey, Sixto forgot to tell you it is a big
    to possess a higher than 30 round capacity magazine in Ohio...

DS in Lucas county was charged with felonies for high capacity mags

IIRC the law says to the effect that any magazine that allows the gun to fire more than 31 shots without reloading (changing mags) makes the gun a "machine gun" (under Ohio law...)

the DS got the charges dropped - illegal seizure issues - but lost his job over this...

enjoy your AK/WASR/MAK 90 - a gun for the masses

I'd head over the the AK Forums...

Atlantic has converted Saiga rifles, converted by Will at Red Jacket, if you find one in AK1xx configuration with dimples and the extra Y, that is the closest you will ever get to an actual Russian AKM, the dimpled + Y receivers are taken from the military parts bin from what has been gleamed from asking around... the WASR are commercial parts, a Romanian built via a "G-kit" is a much better choice over a WASR... G kits are milspec.

I'm partial to a converted Saiga... since I already own one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links