AK prices

This is a discussion on AK prices within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys firs ttime poster! I am a huge fan of the site and have spent DAYS just reading! Anyway, my wife and i finally ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AK prices

Hey guys firs ttime poster!
    I am a huge fan of the site and have spent DAYS just reading!

Anyway, my wife and i finally moved to a house out away from town a bit and the house is all setup, so I have some extra cash to play with.

Stopped at a small gun store on the way home from work (never been in before) and he has a nice Romanian WASR-10 with sling and 1 30 round mag with it for 330.
    The wood is spectacular on it, no cant as far as i can see, can;t remember what if anything was on the end of the barrel and not sure if it had a cleaning rod with it or not.

The action is crisp, no odd sounds when I shook it, finish was in great condition.

I have looked at all the websites you all have posted, and with shipping and transfer fees from them, I would be in the 425-250 range.
    Do you all think that this wasr-10 for 330 is a deal? I could always pick up mags for 10 bucks here and there and the accessory kit for another 20 if I really wanted to.
    thanks!

2. Remove Ads

You're probably not going to beat it after shipping and FFL fees. The fact that it allows you to start a good repertoire with a local FFL is an added bonus. Wouldn't hurt to ask if a 3 day money back guarantee or something similiar was available.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I have been scouring the net at work (I hope someone is monitoring what we are looking at at our desks....I should have job security for a long time out of their fear of firing me lol).

I sat down and talked to the guy for a while, a crusty Vietnam vet from what I gather. He loves his AK and we had a great talk about it.

I did ask him before leaving about transfers, and he charges $40 for transfers of guns that are shipped there. I am sure i could find cheaper if I looked around and hit ALL the shops in the area, but honestly I just liked the guy.
    It is a small shop, I walked in (and he had never seen me before) and I heard him unsnap the thumb break on his S&W on his hip lol my kinda store!

Update:
    I went and looked at the gun again, this time with a more trained eye after days of reading AK forums.

It is a WASR-10 for sure. Unthreaded barrel, nothing on the end of the barrel. Comes with the cleaning rod and the "pill" capsule that is stored in the stock. Action is still crisp. The 30 rnd mag it comes with wobbles a little bit back to front, but is solid and does not move side to side. The front sight IS canted slightly to the left (maybe at the 11:58 position on a 12 o clock scale).
    Still asking 330.......
    Really not sure, I want it but I can't put myself over the edge. Is it still a good deal?

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

[QUOTE=Miggy;615842]Or you can come to Miami and buy one for $100 according to the Miami Dade PD Spoke-Idiot.

QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe that Miami Police Chief will let us know where we can get that $100. full auto AK he was speaking about.

Yippee!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links