AK prices

This is a discussion on AK prices within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just out of curiosity what would an AK type weapon cost these days? Something similar to the AK in the my 3 guns thread....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK prices

VIP Member

AK prices

Just out of curiosity what would an AK type weapon cost these days? Something similar to the AK in the my 3 guns thread.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    They run all over the place, as does quality and features. A better one will run upwards in the 600+ range, and and a lower end gun will cost you about 300.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Wow you're fast. I hit enter, and about two seconds later you had already answered. If you're as quick on the draw as you are on the keyboard those OH bad guys are in big trouble.
    As an aside, we close on our house in YNG Feb 19th. :)
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

Administrator
    I'm quicker with a gun

I did forget to add that most of the lower end AK's are still not to bad, unlike AR's.

Congrats on the house... its a good time to buy, I hope you got a good deal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IIRC SIXTO is a CrackBerry addict. Its sad....

I think you might lurk a bit here: AR15.COM :: Forums :: AK-47 and find a lot of answers. Basically there are two types - milled receivers and stamped receivers. The milled receivers cost the most. Stamped receivers are in couple different categories - some of which are basically pieces of garbage. Its pretty simple to learn the basic ID features to look for so you know you're not getting one of the bad ones. There's my $0.02

Austin

Administrator
    Nope, dont own and refuse to own a crackberry.... They tried to give me one once, I gave it back.

One way to tell if its garbage or not is the finish... a lot of the junk has that baked on stuff. It will be flaky looking and will become flaky after you heat it up a little.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Thanks for the link. Hey sixto any OH specific laws i need to watch out for?
    Mark Twain:

As per my recollection, no laws against AK's in Ohio (I have one that resides there.) As long as it is a civilian legal model, or you have the appropriate paperwork filed with the ATF.
    Check out AIMSurplus, your home for surplus ammunition, guns and firearms, they usually have some AK's.

I paid 300 a couple years back for a Romanian WASR that I haven't been able to get to stop running.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Thanks for the link. Hey sixto any OH specific laws i need to watch out for?
    Nope. Ohio is good to go. The only thing you need to watch out for is that some of the larger cities restrict mag capacity... but nobody ever payed any attention and maybe even some cities reppealed those laws.
    "Just blame Sixto"

... buy soon... AK's are going up just like everything else. A milled will run you at least $600 to $1000 and even a real good Stamped may run you in that range. A proper built one that is. But nothings getting cheaper.

Try Atlantic firearms to scan a few builders, types and get an idea of prices of some.

VIP Member
    Thanks all. I think it may be time to go shopping :)
    Mark Twain:

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Just out of curiosity what would an AK type weapon cost these days? Something similar to the AK in the my 3 guns thread.
    I just got this one in today!
    It's a Romanian AK-47 with all the goodies.......$425.00
    Attached Images
    Shoot Safe!
    Shoot Straight!
    www.mcsportingarms.com
    Kansas Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor.

I love my milled receiver Arsenal SLR-95. They don't make them anymore, and I got a real good deal on it out of a pawn shop years ago. I don't think they knew what they had! Less than two bills! And my old SKS. Supply is drying up on any of them, and prices have doubled if not tripled for the foreign or domestic models of these. They used to be a good investment, but I think that time has peaked, and you may be paying more than what one's worth now that 'quality' AK's are hard to find. Take a gander at Shotgun News, or check into Gunsamerica, and check prices and quality available. The days of 'good buys' have gone 'goodbye' IMO. Don't get me wrong, there are still quality AK's out there---it's just the price isn't what it used to be. The day I got on the AK boat was a good one for me---it still is! Good luck in your quest.

Administrator
    I have an SLR too. IMO, its one of the best.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-45 View Post
    I just got this one in today!
    It's a Romanian AK-47 with all the goodies.......$425.00
    Are you a dealer, and telling me it's for sale? Or are you just showing pics of your new baby? Either way I want to get one before the Democraps get elected.
    Mark Twain:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links