Pistol To Carbine Kit

This is a discussion on Pistol To Carbine Kit within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I stumbled across this carbine kit. Looks very interesting...I was wondering if anyone has seen these or had any experience? Mech Tech Systems, Inc. Thanks, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol To Carbine Kit

Pistol To Carbine Kit

I stumbled across this carbine kit. Looks very interesting...I was wondering if anyone has seen these or had any experience?

Mech Tech Systems, Inc.

Thanks,

Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I've had the opportunity to fire both the G17 and 1911 conversions. Neither worked very well. Lots of FTF and FTE issues.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I picked one up years ago, and dang it was heavy. That solved any desire I thought I might have had for one.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

seems kinda silly to me
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Thanks for the info. It was an interesting concept...but sounds like it's a failure.

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    seems kinda silly to me
    +1 the stock unit looked cool until I saw the 1911 grips with it just stickin out the button

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Administrator
    I've never heard many good things about them, but they are an interesting concept though. I think you can pick up a Marlin camp 45 for close to the same money.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah...I thought it might be an interesting thing...but thanks to y'all...I've gotten that thought out of my head. Just thought a compact .45 caliber carbine might make an interesting house gun.

Will check out the Marlin though.

Wayne

Agree with above posters. Neat idea with "less than ideal" execution. They're anvil heavy & have a sproning noise at recoil that, by comparison, makes an AR sound like shutting a Volvo door. If you WANT a .45 acp carbine, consider a Beretta CX4 Storm. There's a guy on the Beretta forum making nice hi-cap mags.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

OK one of the thing going for this carbine conversion kit is there is no NICs check done. There is no reciever, you already own it.

raevan,

That's one of the considerations when I looked at it. But if it doesn't work...not much sense having it around.

Wayne

I looked into this several years back and was this close to pulling the trigger.
    For a short time Wilson Combat was reselling them under their own house brand direct and via Midway. They stopped doing so early last year.

I've heard multiple feedback toward the product with as usual commentary falling on both sides of the coin. Most of the folks who were owners that I read online toward indicated the product worked and they liked it.
    Several were available used as well online.
    In the end I choose not to pull the trigger and will instead secure a full firearm carbine in lieu of an upper based conversion.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Ghost due you more info on those hi cap 45 mags

They have been around quite awhile and most have had problems

Yeah Chris, but be easy on me...I'm not too computer literate so I can't (won't learn) to do the link stuff. Go to The Beretta Forum, then to the Long Gun Section. You'll find a wealth of info on the CX-4 Storm (d.i.y. trigger job, best optics, etc.). The biggest complaint about the .45 acp Storm has always been that there are no factory Beretta hi-cap mags available, which are usually the most reliable. Well, there's an enterprising guy who's a member of that forum who takes two factory mags & fine-welds them together and makes a very popular 15 round mags. By all reports, it works like a charm (but is pricy).
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links