AR Tritium Night Sights Anyone?

This is a discussion on AR Tritium Night Sights Anyone? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Skygod My Les Baer came with an integrated flip up front sight/gas block with a Trijicon front sight post. I like it, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AR Tritium Night Sights Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    My Les Baer came with an integrated flip up front sight/gas block with a Trijicon front sight post.

I like it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find one for another AR build.

I'm not crazy abou the light being on the FSB.

One of the best, and most affordable choices for a solid light mount and light are the Viking Tactics Thermo Polymer mounts in their combo offering with the Surefire G2 or the choice a Surfire 6P and also the choice of the G2P (LED Version)

I have the G2P on the 3 O'clock rail, just forward of my foregrip and my thumb can activate the light momentarily or constantly.

Viking Tactics
    I ordered a vtac and I just could not get the light positioned correctly (with a bayonet lug rail or front sight rail). I wanted to spare the expense of buying a railed handguard. I was looking at the Daniels Defense omega, but didn't get it.

2. Remove Ads

One last reply. ... Thanks to all for enlightening me about tritium sights. With all that input, I opted to just bite the bullet and purchase an optic instead. I bought an EOTech 512 with a Rock River Dominator 2 mount. I plan on sighting it in this weekend.

Sling, flashlight mounted to front sight, eotech and rock river arms dominator 2 for co-witnessing. I think I am done with the accessories for this rifle.

Again, thanks.

VIP Member
    Sounds like you ended up with a good set up. The optics make the illuminated front sight unnecessary (I never liked them anyway, but that's just me), and the light is always handy for target identification (and many other things).

I have the EOTech (or a 2.5x ACOG, depending), a SureFire 900 series, and a vertical foregrip (and sometimes an IR illuminator, but there is very little use for one of these on a civilian rifle - unless you want to drop a few grand on some PVS-14s!) I don't use a remote switch for the light - the way the light and foregrip are positioned, it is simple and comfortable to use my left thumb to activate the tail cap button. This is better for me - it keeps me from accidentally squeezing/pressing/bumping a remote pad, and it's very easy to control the time that the light is on. As a side note, I resisted the foregrip for a long time as a useless gimmick. Eventually, I gave in, and mounted one on my M4...it wasn't too long before I fell in love. Now, I want one on all my short (sub 16" or so) barelled AR style weapons. YMMV, of course, but I came 180 on them.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Sounds like you ended up with a good set up. The optics make the illuminated front sight unnecessary (I never liked them anyway, but that's just me), and the light is always handy for target identification (and many other things).

I have the EOTech (or a 2.5x ACOG, depending), a SureFire 900 series, and a vertical foregrip (and sometimes an IR illuminator, but there is very little use for one of these on a civilian rifle - unless you want to drop a few grand on some PVS-14s!) I don't use a remote switch for the light - the way the light and foregrip are positioned, it is simple and comfortable to use my left thumb to activate the tail cap button. This is better for me - it keeps me from accidentally squeezing/pressing/bumping a remote pad, and it's very easy to control the time that the light is on. As a side note, I resisted the foregrip for a long time as a useless gimmick. Eventually, I gave in, and mounted one on my M4...it wasn't too long before I fell in love. Now, I want one on all my short (sub 16" or so) barelled AR style weapons. YMMV, of course, but I came 180 on them.
    I'm resisting the vertical foregrip. That would mean I would have to order a rail and I already have a light and optics without the rail. If I do get a chance to try a vertical foregrip, maybe my mind will be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    I'm resisting the vertical foregrip. That would mean I would have to order a rail and I already have a light and optics without the rail. If I do get a chance to try a vertical foregrip, maybe my mind will be changed.

The DD "Omega Rail" is nice rail system and requires no real installation problems like a LaRue rail.

If you don't have the proper tools, then the DD "Omega Rail" is about the best one out there. Surefire are good rails also, but I prefer he LaRue Rails even over the Knights RIS ans RAS system. Good stuff.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links