X300 12 o'clock

This is a discussion on X300 12 o'clock within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's my new X300 (Thanks Grant!) mounted on my AR. My sight radius is still longer than it would be if I had a fixed ...

Thread: X300 12 o'clock

X300 12 o'clock

Here's my new X300 (Thanks Grant!) mounted on my AR. My sight radius is still longer than it would be if I had a fixed front sight with a carbine length gas system - and the light is in the perfect place! Once I get an XT07 tail cap assembly I'll put the remote switch on the top rail farther back - for now I moved the rail covers forward and I can hit the switch with my thumb - left handed or right handed.

Austin
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Nifty idea! Did you get the rail panel with the pocket for the pressure switch?
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

No I didn't - the XT07 comes with its own rail mount tape switch, so I plan on using that rather than getting the pocket type. The plan is to put the switch right on top of the rail, so I'll be able to reach it with my thumb. I think if I had a rail panel with the tape switch pocket it might be a little too thick to comfortably reach up to (if I had it on top), and I'm trying to keep things as ambidextrous as possible.

Austin

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    If you are not using a vertical foregrip, put the rail with the switch pocket on the bottom. You will be able to activate the switch with your off hand index finger while shooting either right or left handed.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

I like to use my thumb because I'm less likely to ND. I guess it doesn't probably matter as much around the house but I think its a good habit and I don't want to break it. Until I get the switch I won't be using a VFG - once I get it I'll put a short VFG on and have 2 fingers forward with my grip. I like to keep rearward pressure that way. I could get a pocket panel to put on top, but I don't want the added girth/reach, and I'd have to get a whole new switch for the tailcap assembly since it comes with its own rail mount type pressure pad already.

Austin

Lead Moderator
    Looks good. I use a Streamlight M6 mounted at about 11 oclock . I too just use the paddle switch to activate my light.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    One question... does it wash out your front sight when used in the dark?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Its behind my front sight - maybe its hard to tell in the pictures. My camera (my wife's actually) sucks, and can't take good close up pictures without the flash. Probably because I can't hold still. But the second picture is to show that the light being in front of the front sight doesn't block my sight picture - the flash made my front sight almost white, but its really black. So, to answer the question - no, it doesn't wash out the front sight in the dark.

Austin

Links