My New Awesome Toy

This is a discussion on My New Awesome Toy within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope that my drool does not somehow manage to make it through the computer screen, onto the images, and through some unknown space/time juxtaposition ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Awesome Toy

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I hope that my drool does not somehow manage to make it through the computer screen, onto the images, and through some unknown space/time juxtaposition end up corroding that truly outstanding firearm.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Congrats. Nice purchase. Evil Ebony Rifle.
    Let us know how those sights are working out for you in actual use.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    What glass are you going to run on it ??

Nice lookin rifle. Did it come standard with the Vltor MOD stock ? and Harris BI-POD ??
    From what the website says, the Vltor or a Harris stock is default on the SASS. The Bi-pod comes on both.

I have no idea on glass yet. I want to be able to punch paper up until 600 yards or so. Any ideas on where to start? I'm a fan of Leupold, but not sure on model.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Congrats. Nice purchase. Evil Ebony Rifle.
    Let us know how those sights are working out for you in actual use.
    Will do as soon as I get to the range.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Looks pretty freakin sweet....

With that stock, are you planning on getting a pretty decent scope as well? It looks to be in DPMS's "sniper" configuration, yet it's got all the rails necessary for serious tactical config... What are your plans with it? And yes, range report!
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    From what the website says, the Vltor or a Harris stock is default on the SASS. The Bi-pod comes on both.

I have no idea on glass yet. I want to be able to punch paper up until 600 yards or so. Any ideas on where to start? I'm a fan of Leupold, but not sure on model.

Will do as soon as I get to the range.
    Depends on how much money you want and are willing to put into the scope and mounts.

Generally any 3x-9x42 is acceptable, but there are wide differences between say Nightforce and Leopold. None of them are cheap on the wallet and a decent mount is also not cheap.

I like my high powered glass mounted in the LaRue Tactical SPR-E mount for better eye relief.

Take your time and look at all possibilities.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

nice

If I where you and had that rifle this is the set up that I'd want. I'm not holding your pocket book, so it's not fair for me to say how much to spend, but If it where my rifle then I'd go with this set up.

HERE: Nightforce 3.5-15x56 NXS

I have the NXS on an SPR clone rilfe. It's a Mil Dot system with lots of eye relief and all the goodies you could possibly want out of a long range scope. This is the bundled package with the LaRue Tactical mount.

Heres the mount from LaRue: LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104

Read the first "review" of the mount under the specifications sections. He addresses the DMPS rifle and his trouble finding a mount until he found this mount and now won't go back to anything else.

Hope I can be of help.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercalf View Post
    Looks pretty freakin sweet....

With that stock, are you planning on getting a pretty decent scope as well? It looks to be in DPMS's "sniper" configuration, yet it's got all the rails necessary for serious tactical config... What are your plans with it? And yes, range report!
    Want to stay on the sniper side. I like that in a couple minutes I can turn it into a battle rifle though. It's just awesome all the way around (in love). :)

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    If I where you and had that rifle this is the set up that I'd want. I'm not holding your pocket book, so it's not fair for me to say how much to spend, but If it where my rifle then I'd go with this set up.

HERE: Nightforce 3.5-15x56 NXS

I have the NXS on an SPR clone rilfe. It's a Mil Dot system with lots of eye relief and all the goodies you could possibly want out of a long range scope. This is the bundled package with the LaRue Tactical mount.

Heres the mount from LaRue: LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104

Read the first "review" of the mount under the specifications sections. He addresses the DMPS rifle and his trouble finding a mount until he found this mount and now won't go back to anything else.

Hope I can be of help.
    Cool, I'll check this out. I'm not sold on Leupold, just want I've been using on my hunting rifles. I just don't know enough about scopes to know where to begin yet. Get my tax return next week, so I got some time to do the research, so thanks for the headstart.

EDIT: Holy crap pricey. Looks like an amazing glass, but is probably out of my budget at this time. Although I really do like that scope mount.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Nice gun.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

very nice
    Jack dog

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Want to stay on the sniper side. I like that in a couple minutes I can turn it into a battle rifle though. It's just awesome all the way around (in love). :)
    They really should make long range red dots that can be 2x-12x. Just imagine a zoom feature on a red dot :o Oooh the possibilities...

What type of scope are you looking at? I'd say go with the best rubberized you can find, but I don't know if they have any suitable for a snipe piece like that dandy...
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Very nice!! I really like the .308 variety. I wish I could have one, but if I start even talking about another gun the wife will flip.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

very nice I want one too
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

Very nice rifle.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Indeed, Im quite jealous. I think shooting times just had an article about that rifle. Made me really want one but there is no way I can justify it myself for the amount of money it would cost.
    Enjoy! Put a few rounds downrange for me!
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links