I love Pawn Shops. - Page 2

I love Pawn Shops.

This is a discussion on I love Pawn Shops. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've never been to a pawn shop. Looks like I've got to get out more and check them out for some good deals....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Pawn Shops.

I've never been to a pawn shop. Looks like I've got to get out more and check them out for some good deals.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Pawn Shop purchases:
    Raven .25 = $40
    Mossberg 500AT = $60
    Sig 226 = $349
    Sig 228 = $349
    Sig 239 = $349

great deal - more guns in the hands of good people!

Pawn shops your 2nd amendment 2nd hand store

You got a good one at a great price....love my Mossberg!
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Nice buy. Hey when it followed you home did you have on a leash.
    Jack dog

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod View Post
    Are nearest pawn shop is filled with "newbies" that pretend to be "Warriors" when ever you browse their gun selection.

You know the types. They hate 9mm lugers because some cop told them that he shot a perp five times with it and he didn't go down. Never mind the cop hit every place but a vital organ or the central nervous system.

All they carry is Glock, and of course all these kids know for a fact that they are carried by Delta Force, SEAL Team Six, and CIA operatives........(insert idiot emoticon)

Ever notice that the Glock nuts and AK nuts go hand in hand down the street? Not to bash the AK (I hate glocks so insert bash___), but it's just how they go. SEAL teams wouldn't be caught dead with a glock though....
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Nice deal. Don't you just hate those clingers that follow you home!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercalf View Post
    Ever notice that the Glock nuts and AK nuts go hand in hand down the street?
    I have noticed that. Why is that??
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They can also be AR Nuts. My little brother used to be one/ is friends with a whole slew of them. Always calling me when I am home "hey wanna go shoot?" I very seldomly turn that down but last time i went, i had to put a boot in my little brothers best friends chest for flagging me with a LOADED AR15. ME NOT TO HAPPY BOUT THAT
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    I have noticed that. Why is that??
    Could be because both are reliable, have a simple manual of arms, and require minimal maintenance. I've owned 1911's and AR-15's. Had multiple problems with both. Never had a failure to function with any of my Glocks or my AK's. Of course, it all boils down to personal preference.

Is that a single bead sight pictured or a 2-dot system??...

---------------------------------------------
    I think it's the buku parts available for them both. I don't think it honestly has anything to do with the reliability of either. Granted both are reliable, and the AK is the MOST reliable... I simply notice the trend in younger crowds.

It's the same reason everyone goes for Honda Civics and Toyota Camrys.. Civic drivers like buying their turbos at Wal-Mart, and Camry drivers honestly believe that they're driving the most efficient car out there.

- Point being... MOST (not criticizing you LMarshall) Glock/AK owners are FIRST time owners of anything, and MOST choose thost two guns because they are followers... Dodos if you will..

I don't like the Glock because it's WAY overrated. It shoots well, so people hear the hype, shoot them in relatively tight groups, and say "lived up to expectations" - same people who believe shooting a baseball at 100 yds is great accuracy
    Some people don't deserve saving.

....the water is almost at a boil

Is that a single bead sight pictured or a 2-dot system??...
    Its got a set of cheap sites from wal-mart on it atm, Shot this bad boy yesterday. I picked up a card board cut out of Tom Brady, said cut out is no more.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Quote Originally Posted by Hat3d1 View Post
    Shot this bad boy yesterday. I picked up a card board cut out of Tom Brady, said cut out is no more.

Coffee burns when it comes out of your nose...

I think it's the buku parts available for them both. I don't think it honestly has anything to do with the reliability of either. Granted both are reliable, and the AK is the MOST reliable... I simply notice the trend in younger crowds.
    Don't forget affordable. You can buy a Glock and a decent Romanian AK for the price of a "tuned" 1911.

I don't like the Glock because it's WAY overrated. It shoots well, so people hear the hype, shoot them in relatively tight groups, and say "lived up to expectations" - same people who believe shooting a baseball at 100 yds is great accuracy
    My criteria for selecting the Glock (and AK) are simple -
    1) Reliable (my life we're talking about here)
    2) Can shoot MOM (minute of man) from any angle or orientation when firing from behind cover
    3) Simple manual of arms, in the event (God forbid) I go down, the newly converted sheepdog that was seconds ago a sheep can continue the work I started.
    4) Did I mention reliable?

Neither are the best race guns out there, but I'm not about racing. I'm about surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by LMarshall73 View Post

Coffee burns when it comes out of your nose...
    My bad, lol. It was a buck at work, and not that I have anything against Tom Brady, I actually like the Pats, ( College > No Fun League ... Boomer Sooner! ) But its a cut out advertising "smartwater" Image was this, minus the chopper.

Yea I have never spent a dollar better.

That being said, after shooting yesterday.. in the rain... I cleaned the Mossberg today, complete break down, cleaned, oiled, and reassembled in 10 mins. Not so shabby.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

the pawn shops around here are crazy to think they can get what their asking for their weapons.
    they ask new prices for old WELL USED guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links